Pharmacists Take to Twitter in Global Tweet-a-Thon Oct. 3
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Members of more than 30 pharmacy organizations across the globe will go on the social media platform Twitter to participate in a "tweet-a-thon" on Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013 to highlight the positive impact that pharmacists have on their patients, communities, and the health care industry.
On Thursday, Oct. 3, pharmacists around the world will tweet about the actions they have taken or are taking to help patients, doctors, other health care providers, and their communities using the hashtag #Pharmacist.
"Every day, pharmacists in different practice settings not only fill prescriptions – they counsel and educate patients, consult with physicians, monitor patient histories, lower health care costs, provide vaccinations, and help individuals live healthier lifestyles. Oct. 3 will be a day to honor the profound impact that pharmacists have on their patients' everyday lives through an easy and accessible medium: Twitter. We encourage pharmacists and their patients all over the world to take a moment on Oct. 3 to share their positive stories," said the participating organizations.
Pharmacists are among the most trusted professions, according to annual surveys by the U.S. polling firm Gallup. The most recent Gallup poll found that 75 percent of respondents rated pharmacists as very high/high in honesty and ethics – a record high.
To date, the following organizations have confirmed their participation in the global #pharmacist tweet-a-thon (Twitter handles listed in parentheses):
- Canadian Pharmacists Association (@CPhAAPhC)
- Irish Pharmacy Union (@IrishPharmacy)
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (@PSA_National)
- Pharmacy Guild of Australia (@PharmGuildAus)
- Pharmacy Guild of New Zealand (@PharmacyGuildNZ)
- Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (@The_SHPA)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (@AACPharmacy)
- American College of Apothecaries (@ACA_Info)
- American Pharmacists Association (@pharmacists)
- American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (@ASCPharm)
- International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists (@iacprx)
- National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations (@StatePharmacy)
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores (@NACDS)
- National Community Pharmacists Association (@commpharmacy)
- Pharmacy HIT Collaborative (@PharmacyHIT)
- Arkansas Pharmacists Association (@arkpharm)
- Connecticut Pharmacists Association (@CTPharmacists)
- Georgia Pharmacists Association (@GAPharm)
- Illinois Pharmacists Association (@ILPharmacists)
- Indiana Pharmacists Alliance (@INPharmacists)
- Iowa Pharmacy Association (@IowaPharmacyIPA)
- Kentucky Pharmacists Association (@KyPharmAssoc)
- Louisiana Pharmacists Association (@lapharmassoc)
- Maryland Pharmacists Association
- Michigan Pharmacists Association (@MIPharmacists)
- Missouri Pharmacy Association (@TheMPA)
- Nebraska Pharmacists Association (@NebraskaPharm)
- North Carolina Association of Pharmacists (@NCPharmacists)
- Oklahoma Pharmacists Association (@OKPharmacists)
- Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association (@PAPharmacists)
- South Carolina Pharmacists Association (@yourscpha)
- Tennessee Pharmacists Association (@TNPharmacists)
- Washington State Pharmacy Association (@WSPARX)
- Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin (@PSWpharmacists)
SOURCE National Community Pharmacists Association
More by this Source
Medicare Analysis Finds Mail Order Pharmacies Often More Expensive than Community Pharmacies
Dec 03, 2013, 15:44 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.