LONDON, Aug. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men worldwide, after skin cancer. It accounts for 15% of all the cancers diagnosed in men, and thus represents a huge burden on healthcare systems. While patients diagnosed with early-stage, localized prostate cancer can be cured, patients who are diagnosed with or progress to castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) have no curative options. This report focuses on the current treatment landscape, unmet needs, pipeline assessment and market outlook for prostate cancer. Since 2010, five new drugs have been approved for the treatment of CRPC: Dendreon's Provenge, Sanofi's Jevtana, Johnson & Johnson's Zytiga, Medivation/Astellas' Xtandi, and Bayer's Xofigo. During the forecast period from 2013-2023, GlobalData expects that nine new late-stage pipeline agents will launch, eight of which will be for the treatment of CRPC. As a result of this unprecedented level of clinical development, GlobalData predicts there will be massive changes in the CRPC treatment paradigm. In addition, due to the influx of new therapies, the size of the prostate cancer market across the nine major pharmaceutical markets (9MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, and Canada) will increase three-fold.
Key Questions Answered
- How will prostate cancer disease management change as new agents enter the market?
- Which prostate cancer patients have the greatest unmet needs and how well will these needs be addressed by the new agents?
- What are the most dominant players in the prostate cancer space and what corporate strategies are pursued by these companies?
- What are the most promising late-stage pipeline agents for prostate cancer? How do they compare to currently marketed products?
- What opportunities will remain for future players following the launch of these pipeline agents?
- The prostate cancer market, in the 9MM is forecasted to rapidly increase from $2.6bn in 2013 to $8.3bn in 2023, at a CAGR of 12.4%. This growth will be driven by the label extensions of currently marketed drugs as well as the launch of nine new premium-priced therapies for the treatment of prostate cancer.
- GlobalData expects Medivation and Astellas' Xtandi will become the market leader in prostate cancer. Xtandi is currently approved for pre- and post-chemotherapy metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC). Over the course of the forecast period, GlobalData anticipates it will receive label extensions in non-metastatic CRPC and hormone-sensitive prostate cancer, making it available to virtually all prostate cancer patients segments, with the exception of those with localized disease.
- The prostate cancer pipeline is robust with nine drugs in late-stage development. While androgen biosynthesis is still a major target, many of the pipeline candidates have diverse mechanisms of action and target proteins and pathways that are not targeted by the currently marketed prostate cancer treatments. Among these new candidates are a checkpoint inhibitor, a clusterin inhibitor, and an anti-angiogenic agent. There are also several vaccines, both autologous and off-the-shelf, that have a significant presence in this pipeline.
- Overview of prostate cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, clinical staging, symptoms, prognosis, quality of life, and disease management.
- Annualized prostate cancer therapeutics market revenue from 2013-2023. Annual cost of therapy, and major marketed and pipeline drug sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, and implications for the prostate cancer therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: The prostate cancer pipeline is robust with many late-stage candidates set to launch in the forecast period. Comprehensive analysis of the nine most promising candidates in Phase III development are highlighted and profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global prostate cancer therapeutics market, including insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the 9MM prostate cancer market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the 9MM prostate cancer therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3091032/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48