Pharrell Williams Kicks Off Karmaloop.com's Holiday 2011 "iKons" Gift Guides
- Leading online apparel and footwear retailer enlists 24 "Verge Culture" youth celebrities to highlight its Holiday 2011 offerings, at www.karmaloop.com/iKons
- Other highlighted iKons in first installment include: movie star Chris Evans ("Captain America"), skateboarder Terry Kennedy and musicians Far East Movement, Kreayshawn and Cypress Hill
BOSTON, Dec. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Are you wondering what your favorite celebrity or musician wants for the Holidays? Karmaloop.com has the answers.
Karmaloop.com iKons are celebrities, musicians and tastemakers who spark the imaginations of the "Verge Culture" generation (18-to-34 year-old music and tech-savvy men and women, the first generation "raised on the internet"). More than 100 Karmaloop.com iKons were introduced earlier this year as part of Karmaloop TV's "Reclaim Your TV" campaign (www.ReclaimYourTV.com), a unique grassroots social media onslaught that let young people tell "Big Cable" why a new cable network is long overdue.
Full listing of Karmaloop.com's first batch of iKons with Holiday 2011 Gift Guides:
- Pharrell Williams (Karmaloop TV's Creative Director, Grammy-winning musician and entrepreneur)
- Greg Selkoe (Karmaloop.com and Karmaloop TV Founder and CEO)
- Terry Kennedy aka TK (Pro skateboarder and reality TV star)
- Iggy Azalea (Australian female rapper, current hit is "My World")
- Chris Evans (Actor, "Captain America" and "Fantastic Four")
- Kreayshawn (Hip-hop's #1 female bad girl – known for worldwide smash "Gucci Gucci")
- Cypress Hill ('90s hip-hop legends, known for "Insane in the Brain" and pro-Hemp anthems)
- Kendrick Lamar (Rap star on the rise, from Los Angeles)
- Va$htie (Stylist / video director / fashion icon)
- Maluca (Electro-pop vocalist from NYC, affiliated with producer Diplo and Mad Decent Records)
- Rusko (Dubstep music producer from the UK, collaborations with Gucci Mane and Cypress Hill)
- Stevie Williams (Skateboarder and entrepreneur –owner of L&K Limited and Sk8tique stores)
- Red Cafe (Hip-hop star on the rise, affiliated with Akon, Diddy and DJ Clue)
- Bad Rabbits (Boston-based rock / funk / pop sensations)
- Suave Santa (Karmaloop's smoothest new online celebrity)
- Far East Movement (Hip-hop stars, first Asian-American group to have a #1 pop hit – "Like A G6")
- Jesse Jo ("It Girl" for young ladies around the world, recently unveiled a new Vans apparel collaboration)
- CyHi The Prynce (Rap phenom, affiliated with Kanye West and G.O.O.D. Music)
- Crookers (electro-house music producers renowned for Lady Gaga and Kid Cudi remixes)
- DJ Slurpy Slurp (Karmaloop's most notorious new online sensation)
- Dev (Pop vocalist known for her "In The Dark" smash and vocals on Far East Movement's "Like A G6")
- DJ Clark Kent (World-renowned DJ and sneaker collector / expert)
- DJ Ill Will (LA-based DJ and mixtape legend)
- Fashawn (Hip-hop star on the rise, one of XXL Magazine's "2011 Freshmen Class")
Karmaloop.com is experiencing a record-breaking 2011 and December looks to be furthering this trend for the renowned online retailer (#180 on Internet Retailer Magazine's "Top 500" list). Black Friday and Cyber Monday were the two biggest days in the company's 11-year history and Karmaloop.com's projected 2011 revenues are $130 million.
Karmaloop.com is one of the world's largest and most-respected online retailers of "streetwear" (including footwear, apparel and accessories). The company was founded by Greg Selkoe in 2000 and is headquartered in Boston, MA, with an office and TV studio in New York City. Karmaloop.com attracts more than 4.5 million unique monthly visitors, selling over 500 men's and women's brands to a loyal customer base spanning 45 countries. Karmaloop, Inc. owns and operates Karmaloop.com, KarmaloopTV.com, PLNDR.com, Kazbah Underground Brands, Boylston Trading Co, and owns 11 private label clothing brands.
The Karmaloop family includes Karmaloop TV – www.KarmaloopTV.com – a multi-platform broadband programming network which was launched in 2008. Karmaloop TV, helmed by President Katie McEnroe, CEO Greg Selkoe and Creative Director Pharrell Williams, is planning to launch as a 24/7 cable television network in 2012.
More by this Source
PLNDR Verge Fashion Flash Sale App Hits 1M Download Milestone in Just 14 Months
Nov 27, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.