Philadelphia Eagles Equip Lincoln Financial Field with Stadium-Wide Wi-Fi from Enterasys Networks
Company Trusted as Leading Wi-Fi Provider to a Growing Roster of NFL Teams and Other High-Density Venues
SALEM, N.H., Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Philadelphia Eagles fans will be getting more from their experience at Lincoln Financial Field, beginning with the home opener on Sunday, September 15th. Through a partnership with Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, the Eagles have equipped their stadium with the latest high-density Wi-Fi technology, improving fans' overall experience with the ability to access league and team mobile applications, as well as other social platforms. The installation is complete and the team will be asking its fans to help test the network throughout the season.
As the Official Wi-Fi Partner of the Philadelphia Eagles, Enterasys will deliver its cutting-edge Wi-Fi solution, IdentiFi. For the Eagles, the technology will allow fans at Lincoln Financial Field, which has a sold-out seating capacity of over 69,000, the bandwidth to download and access multimedia applications, while ensuring the Eagles deliver the best fan experience for those at the stadium. In addition to installing the FreeEAGLESWiFi network, the team has upgraded its mobile app with easier navigation and new features for fans who log on while they are in the stadium on game day.
- Enterasys will provide Wi-Fi access that is made available for free to all fans and across the entire Lincoln Financial Field complex, including the seating areas, club level, suites, press box, locker rooms, and concourse.
- The implementation of Enterasys' IdentiFi wireless solution and OneFabric Control Center management provides centralized visibility and control over the network, giving the Eagles valuable intelligence to more easily roll out new applications and services to improve the overall in-game experience.
- Lincoln Financial Field will be equipped with Wi-Fi throughout the stadium to support the high on-demand traffic of mobile and BYOD users, enhancing the fan experience.
- Enterasys' partnership with the Philadelphia Eagles continues the company's momentum in sports arenas, most recently having successful deployments with the New England Patriots and the University of New Hampshire's Whittemore Center.
- Enterasys delivered the solution with services partner PCM, Inc. (NASDAQ: PCMI). PCM is providing consulting and project management for the overall cabling, networking deployment and optimization with the Eagles.
Don Smolenski, President, Philadelphia Eagles
"We have incredibly passionate and loyal fans and we continually strive to provide them the best gameday experience possible. This free wireless network at Lincoln Financial Field will allow our fans to check stats around the league, stream the NFL Red Zone channel and, of course, log on to our Eagles Mobile App. Our partner, Enterasys, has a proven legacy of working with NFL organizations to transform stadiums into highly interactive, digitally connected venues that take the fan experience to the next level, and we're excited to launch this network."
Chris Crowell, President and CEO, Enterasys Networks
"Our work with the Eagles is an example of a league-wide trend to use technology to improve the fan experience and drive stadium attendance. Today's highly connected sports fan desires the capability to share game experiences in real-time which requires always-on connectivity to do so. Our partnership will bring Lincoln Financial Field into the next generation of connected stadiums."
John Brams, Director of Venues and Hospitality, Enterasys Networks
"We continue to see a tremendous amount of interest in improving the in-game experience through high-density Wi-Fi at both the collegiate and professional level. These organizations realize they need to offer a richer experience at games. In addition, teams are looking for valuable insight from the network into what fans need and how to provide a better experience for those at the venue."
- Enterasys Philadelphia Eagles resources page
- Enterasys Hospitality Solutions
- Enterasys Social Media Newsroom
- Connect with Enterasys via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world's most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities.
Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance.
Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio.
Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
+1 603 952 5151
+1 617 624 3231
SOURCE Enterasys Networks
More by this Source
University of New Hampshire Pioneering Wi-Fi in Collegiate Arenas with Enterasys
Oct 22, 2013, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.