ANDOVER, Mass., Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG AEX: PHIA) today announced its participation in the HIMSS 2014 Conference and Exhibition in Orlando, Fla., demonstrating its commitment as an enterprise clinical software and solutions provider uniquely positioned to offer standardized integrated solutions across the continuum of care. Philips will feature seven solutions areas at HIMSS, showcasing interoperable, connected systems and devices to exchange health information data, from point-of-care diagnostics to remote patient monitoring at home.
"HIMSS draws healthcare IT leaders from around the world who are under more pressure than ever to understand how technology can solve business challenges and provide better, patient-centric care," said Mike Mancuso, chief executive officer, Patient Care and Monitoring Solutions, Philips Healthcare. "Philips is committed to delivering innovative, interoperable enterprise software and services solutions to help healthcare providers evolve from traditional care models to ones that are technologically enabled to deliver rich, clinical data across the continuum of care. This is how we create the future of healthcare."
The Philips booth (#7245) at HIMSS 2014 will spotlight seven solutions areas addressing some of the most pressing health IT issues facing the healthcare industry in the U.S. and abroad, and Philips interoperable technology solutions helping to meet customers' greatest needs:
- Driving Population Health – Philips offers perspectives on how providers can simultaneously improve outcomes and lower costs for whole populations of patients in the hospital and in the home. Philips Hospital to Home Enterprise Telehealth Programs include IntelliSpace eICU; Programs in the Hospital include eICU, eAcute and eConsultant; and Programs in the Home include eIAC, eCAC and eTrAC.
- Connecting the Enterprise – Philips discusses how to simplify interoperability across the entire healthcare enterprise and enable the mobile clinician with solutions including IntelliBridge Enterprise, IntelliVue Mobile Caregiver and Google Glass with IntelliVue proof of concept.
- Creating the Global Experience with Connected Solutions – Philips commitment to interoperability extends globally with informatics solutions like TASY*, an integrated information management system in Mexico and Brazil, giving hospital administrators a global view of their organization. (*TASY is not available in the US).
- Connecting Cardiology – Cardiologists and providers can learn more about connecting disease-specific patient information with Philips solutions including Philips Xcelera, Xper IM, and Xper Flex.
- Image Enabling the EHR – Philips will share solutions for storing, managing and accessing clinical images from multiple departments across multiple systems including Philips IntelliSpace PACS and IntelliSpace PACS Anywhere, consolidating and storing virtually all medical images from radiology, cardiology, dermatology, endoscopy, ophthalmology, and more.
- Identifying Deterioration – With an advanced analytics system for the detection of subtle signs of patient deterioration, Philips will discuss how to anticipate patient deterioration and help avoid costly patient transfers to the ICU with solutions including Philips IntelliVue Guardian Software, Early Warning Scoring (EWS) and Project AWARE.
- Addressing Alarm Fatigue – Philips is a Platinum sponsor for the newly created National Coalition for Alarm Management. At HIMSS, Philips will further showcase its commitment to addressing alarm fatigue and share insights on how providers can meet National Patient Safety goals for 2014 and beyond with featured solutions including Philips IntelliSpace Alarm Reporting, IntelliSpace Event Management, and PIIC iX with Alarm Audit Log.
This year, HIMSS has significantly expanded its Interoperability Showcase, merging it with the Meaningful Use Experience to emphasize how collaborative technology is vital to the realization of connected health and patient empowerment across the U.S. healthcare landscape. Philips solutions featured within the Interoperability Showcase will include the EPIQ Ultrasound System, IntelliVue Guardian Solution with IntelliBridge Enterprise, PIIC iX with IntelliBridge Enterprise, IntelliSpace PACS and SureSigns VS4 with IntelliBridge Enterprise.
"The global healthcare landscape is rapidly changing, and presenting interoperable, connected solutions to help meet our customers greatest health IT challenges is front and center for Philips at HIMSS 2014," said Jeroen Tas, chief executive officer of Philips newly formed Healthcare Informatics Services and Solutions Business. "Philips is committed to delivering new models of integrated, collaborative patient-centric care, through advanced data analytics and interoperable, cloud-based platforms."
In addition to showcasing the key solutions and services enabling health systems to move to new models of care, Philips will have a prominent presence demonstrating interoperability across the healthcare enterprise within the HIMSS Intelligent Hospital Pavilion. This year marks the first year Philips will be participating in the Intelligent Hospital area, featuring interoperable monitoring, cardiology informatics and diagnostic cardiology solutions including IntelliSpace Portal 6, recently recognized by KLAS as a Category Leader in Advanced Visualization Software.
For more information on Philips' presence at HIMSS, including the full suite of Philips enterprise interoperable software, solutions and services, visit www.philips.com/HIMSS and follow the #HIMSS14 conversation @PhilipsHealth.
For further information, please contact: Kathy O'Reilly Philips (o) 978-659-2638 (mobile) 978-221-8919 Kathy.email@example.com Twitter: @kathyoreilly
About Royal Philips: Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2013 sales of EUR 23.3 billion and employs approximately 115,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Royal Philips