Philips Previews Intelligent LED Lighting Systems at LIGHTFAIR 2013 From Philips Hue BR30 downlight to intelligent luminaires, LED leader demonstrates easy to deploy, flexible solutions that deliver efficiency, light quality & unique experiences
SOMERSET, N.J., April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Next week at LIGHTFAIR International, Philips, the world leader in LED lighting systems, will be showcasing the next phase in the LED revolution with lighting solutions that rival traditional technologies in cost and light quality, while providing ease of installation, use, and control that is unique to LED. From best-of-breed components to fully integrated systems, offerings from across Philips' broad portfolio of outdoor, general illumination, lamps, and architectural solutions will be on display at booth #1401.
Moreover, this year, Philips will be showcasing The Walk from Dutch artist Titia Ex, courtsey of the Light Art Centre. The art piece is a sphere that demonstrates the balance between art and technology using 5,000 pixels and LED innovations to create a unique and inspirational experience. Motivated by the works of poet Dante Alighieri, Titia Ex worked closely with Philips to realize her vision, depicting the journey through life using light to communicate the story.
Other highlights include:
- Philips Hue BR30 - A preview of the latest form factor to be added to the game-changing Philips Hue line-up. Benefitting from the same great light quality and mobile application approach as the Philips Hue A19, the new Philips Hue BR30 downlight, a 65-watt equivalent with a 91 CRI in the 2700k white range, allows for general illumination as with traditional downlights.
- For retail, Philips will introduce CrispWhite, an LED light source that rivals halogen, allowing whites to appear pure and bright, and colors vivid and intense, making them ideal for showcasing merchandise in-store. Additionally, the company will be launching a broad range of retail specific single optic LED solutions in lamps and luminaires to answer the need for more visual appealing accent LED lighting.
- The FluxStream family of LED linear luminaires deliver high-quality, uniform light with easy installation, offering an LED alternative to fluorescent light sources.
- New SpaceWise technology provides application-specific intelligent dimming for open plan offices, resulting in occupant-friendly deep energy savings. Suitable for replacement-in-place in existing buildings or new layouts, it uses wireless control with embedded occupancy and daylight sensors in LED luminaires, eliminating the need for additional wiring.
- Innovative new LED lighting technologies, including IntelliPower for easily and affordably deploying dynamic, digitally controllable LED lighting solutions using existing electrical systems, and IntelliHue for producing both high-quality tunable white light and color-changing effects from the same fixture. Also being introduced is the Flat Panel LED, an edge-lit white LED luminaire that delivers high efficacy and clean illumination.
- New flexible outdoor LED lighting solutions such as Streetview and EcoForm offer cities and commercial organizations an affordable LED lighting solution to meet sustainability goals, yet can rival traditional lighting solutions like High-Intensity Discharge (HID) in cost. For organizations that want to take sustainability to the next level, Philips will also be highlighting the Philips EcoForm Solar solution.
- The LUXEON CoB (chip-on-board) high-efficacy LED with a small light emitting surface and greater uniformity of light. The LUXEON CoB from Philips Lumileds is the latest entry to an expanding portfolio of application-specific LEDs.
Creating Livable Cities
Working with artist Leo Villareal, Philips has helped to turn the Bay Bridge into the world's largest LED light sculpture, demonstrating the art of the possible with LED technology. Philips will be showcasing the LED technologies that have put some of the world's most iconic structures in a new, efficient light, helping cities to create destination points, a sense of community, and energy savings
Office & Retail Spaces
With LED systems that are less intrusive and require no additional wiring, the latest DualLED and Flat Planel LED offerings from Philips demonstrate that innovation, elegant design, sustainability, and intelligence can be combined harmoniously. The addition of products such as the EvoKit, a low-cost, easy to install LED retrofit for troffers, give lighting partners and building owners alike many different paths to meet lighting and energy-efficiency goals, easily and affordably.
Philips continues to innovate its extensive portfolio of retrofit lamps with the only Energy Star qualified 100-watt LED equivalent and the next form factor in the Philips hue family. With the broadest line-up of LED retrofits with beam angles and color temperatures that are ideal suited for retail and hospitality, including Crisp White technology and single optics, Philips helps retailers put the focus on merchandise to enhance the shopping experience and the hospitality sector to create the right atmosphere.
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2012 sales of EUR 24.8 billion and employs approximately 118,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming, home and portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Royal Philips Electronics