AMSTERDAM and WASHINGTON, March 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- At the 2017 American College of Cardiology's Annual Scientific Session & Expo (ACC.17), Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) will showcase a broad range of integrated, patient-centric solutions designed to address the prevention, diagnosis, minimally invasive treatment and chronic care at home of cardiac conditions. As a global leader in health technology, Philips will demonstrate how its suite of cardiology solutions comprising imaging systems, smart devices, clinical informatics and services, help transform care pathways and provide clinical insights that contribute to life-changing opportunities.
With a continued shift away from fee-for-service payment models and transition from volume to value-based care, healthcare organizations are challenged to help prevent and reduce costs while improving the quality of care. At ACC.17, Philips will demonstrate how its comprehensive suite of cardiology solutions enable hospitals to reduce system response and streamline processes to improve the management of cardiac patients in emergency situations. By enabling seamless communication across the health continuum, from home to hospital and back, Philips is bridging the gap in patient flow before entrance to the hospital and after discharge, which is critical to reducing costs and achieving optimal outcomes for patients.
"As a focused leader in health technology, Philips aims to provide integrated solutions across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and after care at home, in order to combat the rising incidence of chronic diseases such as those caused by cardiovascular conditions," said Bert van Meurs, Business Leader, Image Guided Therapy. "We offer a broad portfolio of innovative solutions to optimize the image-guided minimally invasive treatment of cardiovascular conditions, while managing costs."
Philips will exhibit the company's advanced, connected health offerings in the cardiology space at ACC.17, including:
- Azurion – Philips' recently launched, next generation image-guided therapy platform allows clinicians to easily and confidently perform a wide range of routine and complex procedures, helping them to optimize interventional lab performance and provide superior care. Azurion is powered by ConnectOS, a new operating system that provides a seamless integration of real-time information from all relevant technologies in the interventional lab. ACC.17 attendees will have one of the first opportunities to interact with Azurion firsthand.
- Evolution 3.0 – Philips introduces the X8-2t Live 3D TEE transducer, which allows for new levels of Live 3D imaging bringing the next generation of 3D TEE features, including a new acoustic design with higher frequencies and bandwidth to provide increased resolution and tissue filling. Fast, easy and confident transthoracic and transesophageal echo allows clinicians to diagnose surgical pathology in real time.
- HeartModelAI – Philips' premier Anatomical Intelligence Ultrasound (AIUS) application brings advanced automated quantification, 3D views, robust reproducibility and significant time-savings to echocardiography quantification. Results of a multi-center study validating the robustness of Philips HeartModelAI were recently published in the European Heart Journal.
- IntelliSpace Cardiovascular – Provides access to advanced cardiovascular informatics applications, brings multi-modality images and clinical tools together in a single workspace for integrated clinical decision support. It seamlessly integrates with IntelliSpace Portal advanced visualization solution, IntelliSpace ECG data management solution, and the Philips Xper Information Management cath lab workflow solution.
- DreamStation BiPAP autoSV Advanced – Designed to deliver optimal ventilation with minimal intervention for patients with central sleep apnea, complex sleep apnea and periodic breathing. Philips' clinically proven algorithm provides support when needed to help reduce events and normalize ventilation and works with the patient's breathing pattern to minimize applied pressure, pressure support and machine breaths which can help patients experience comfortable, restful sleep.
Also at this year's conference, new groundbreaking iFR (instant wave-Free Ratio) outcome results from over 4,500 patients will be announced on Saturday, March 18 at 10:45 a.m. The data, which represent the largest randomized coronary physiology outcome studies to date, has the potential to help shape revascularization guidelines. The announcement and presentation of the outcome data follows Philips' announcement last year of three clinical studies designed to assess the safety of deferring cardiovascular interventions using the company's proprietary iFR pressure measurement technology.
In addition to presenting data around the benefits of iFR technology, Philips will host "Cardiology Talks," a program of short talks and conversation on key findings, trends and ideas impacting the cardiology specialty today. During the 20-minute sessions held in the Forum area of the Philips booth, clinicians, scientists and thought leaders will share their experiences and perspectives, discuss innovations, and invite attendees to join in the conversation. To view the full schedule of sessions, visit the Philips Cardiology Talks page.
For more information on Philips' integrated cardiology solutions, visit Philip's booth (#1024) at ACC.17 or visit the Philips event page. Follow the #ACC17 conversation via @PhilipsLiveFrom and @PhilipsHealth.
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips' health technology portfolio generated 2016 sales of EUR 17.4 billion and employs approximately 71,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/philips-showcases-data-driven-cardiology-solutions-at-2017-american-college-of-cardiology-conference-acc17-300425275.html
SOURCE Royal Philips