AMSTERDAM, Feb. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Featuring new and enhanced connected health offerings at the 2017 HIMSS Conference & Exhibition (HIMSS17), Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG,AEX: PHIA), a global leader in health technology, will showcase a broad range of population health management, acute healthcare informatics and personal health solutions, fully integrated in a highly secure, cloud-based ecosystem. Visitors to the Philips booth (#2105) will experience a comprehensive suite of interoperable intelligent solutions delivering advanced data and analytics to help support informed, value-based care decisions from the hospital into the home. Prominently featured will be Philips HealthSuite, a cloud-enabled connected health ecosystem of products, programs and services that seamlessly work together to empower personalized health and continuous care across the health continuum from prevention and healthy living, to diagnosis and treatment and home care.
"With more than 100 years of health technology experience under our belts, Philips is uniquely positioned to lead Population Health Management, addressing key concerns of health systems who continue to struggle to reduce costs and improve the quality of care and patient satisfaction," said Carla Kriwet, Chief Business Leader, Connected Care and Health Informatics, Philips. "By delivering advanced healthcare informatics and intelligent solutions in a secure ecosystem that embrace cross-industry connectivity standards, providers can now leverage data in new ways that are easily accessible, contextually relevant and actionable at the point of care."
Personal and Population Health Management Solutions featured at the booth will include the latest in population health analytics, chronic disease prevention and management, predictive analytics, enterprise telehealth, home monitoring, and sleep and respiratory care.
- With the acquisition of Wellcentive, Philips brings deep expertise in aggregating and analyzing patient data to improve health outcomes inside and outside the hospital walls. Philips Wellcentive analyzes 1.5 billion data points each month, to gain actionable insights, serving 35 million US patients, and managing 120,000 patient populations across 50 states.
- Philips is enhancing its personal health programs with the launch of Jovia Coach, a smartphone app that combines technology with human coaching for people at-risk of type 2 diabetes. The program supports participants to adopt the dietary, lifestyle and exercise habits that could help to prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Philips advanced telehealth and eICU solutions are transforming critical care to help save lives and lower costs. The Philips eICU Program with centralized bed management control has increased case volume by up to 44 percent and improved contribution margins by up to 665 percent, or $52.7 million.
- Philips continuous care and home monitoring solutions help patients stay healthier at home, and connected to caregivers around the clock. Philips Lifeline is the number one medical alert device in the US with more than 7.5 million people served since its inception, while momentum for Philips CareSage predictive analytics technology continues to grow in supporting discharged patients in their home.
Philips Healthcare Informatics Solutions deliver actionable insights to support more confident clinical decision support and improved diagnostics. Offerings include adaptive intelligence, integrated healthcare informatics, critical care analytics, automated early warning scoring, radiation dose management, and precision medicine solutions for oncology, including genomics.
- Philips will debut IntelliSpace Enterprise Edition, an industry-first managed service for hospital-wide healthcare informatics. The platform integrates Philips IntelliSpace portfolio into a scalable solution for clinical informatics and data management. The end-to-end managed service for healthcare IT is based on pay per use with built in risk sharing. It helps hospitals to further improve quality of care while meeting the evolving challenges of budget constraints and the management, interoperability, security and value maximization of health data and IT platforms.
- Philips IntelliVue Guardian Solution, designed to aid clinicians in the early detection of subtle signs of patient deterioration in the general care ward, has now been cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use with the Philips Wearable Biosensor, a medical-grade, self-adhesive, single patient-use wireless device worn discreetly on the chest that automatically and continuously measures key vital signs, including respiratory rate to alert caregivers to intervene quickly.
- Philips IntelliSpace Genomics provides a secure healthcare informatics solution that integrates genomic information with full patient context to empower clinicians with precision diagnostics and therapeutics across hospitals. The solution, powered by Philips HealthSuite, delivers real-time, actionable diagnostic information - including raw sequencing data, up-to-date in silico genomic databases, clinical data and knowledge databases, longitudinal patient records, medical images and pathology data - to physicians and specialists for therapy planning at the point of care.
- Philips Illumeo is a newly launched imaging and informatics technology with adaptive intelligence* that redefines and enhances how radiologists interpret and share medical images. The intelligent software is the first to combine contextual awareness capabilities with advanced data analytics to augment the work of the radiologist.
Executives Discuss Population Health, Key Challenges Facing Industry
Philips customers, partners and thought leaders will host more than 20 discussions at the Philips booth to address the latest trends in population health, care coordination, personal health, healthcareinformatics and cloud technologies. Topics include Big Data and Predictive Analytics Improving Patient Safety, featuring Dr. Kevin C. Dellsperger, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Augusta University Health; Artificial Intelligence Revolutionizing Healthcare, featuring Dr. Eliot Siegel, Professor of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Maryland Medical Center; Treating High Cost Patients with Predictive Analytics, featuring Joseph C. Kvedar, MD, Vice President, Connected Health, Partners HealthCare; and more. The full schedule is available at: www.philips.com/himss.
Beyond the show floor, Philips will have a significant presence at the HX360TM forum co-located at HIMSS17. Featured keynote and panel discussions include:
- What If You Gave A Healthcare Innovation Party, and No One Came?, featuring Roy Smythe, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Health Informatics for Philips, Monday, February 20 at 11:45 a.m. ET.
- The Journey to Continuous health: A Perspective on Population Health Management, featuring Tom Zajac, CEO of Population Health for Philips, Tuesday, February 21 at 10:45 a.m. ET.
- Views from the Top: Improving Patient Outcomes and Health Economics through Connected Health Innovations, where Philips Jeroen Tas, Chief Innovation and Strategy Officer for Philips will be joined by Dr. Kevin C. Dellsperger of Augusta University Health in a discussion on how AUH is redesigning care paths with wearable biosensors, Tuesday, February 21 at 11:30 a.m.
For more information on Philips' presence at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) 2017 Annual Meeting and Exhibition, including Philips participation in the Interoperability Showcase, Connected Health Experience and Medical Device Security Symposium, visit www.philips.com/himss and follow @PhilipsLiveFrom for #HIMSS17 updates throughout the event.
* Adaptive intelligence is seen as an emerging concept of combining domain specific models and knowledge (e.g. in the field of Radiology) and Artificial Intelligence to create an adaptive and contextual experience, anticipating users and augmenting their work. The current release of Philips Illumeo exhibits the first step into Adaptive Intelligence.
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips' health technology portfolio generated 2016 sales of EUR 17.4 billion and employs approximately 71,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/philips-spotlights-connected-technology-predictive-analytics-software-and-artificial-intelligence-advancing-population-health-and-precision-medicine-at-himss-2017-300409343.html
SOURCE Royal Philips