Philips Unveils Award-Winning, Premium Sound Portfolio at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Building on its enduring position as a pioneer in sound innovation, Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) today unveiled a range of new lifestyle entertainment products that combine groundbreaking technology and precision engineering with distinctive design at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. Highlights include docking and Wi-Fi speakers as well as a new line of headphones under the Philips Fidelio premium audio brand, and a headphones collection created especially for urbanites.
During the show, Philips will showcase its award-winning Fidelio premium audio range, including several new docking speakers and wireless speakers for Apple devices that feature AirPlay® technology and its first high-end headphones under the Fidelio brand. Rounding out its sound portfolio is a new range of docking speakers and headsets designed specifically for Android™ devices. In 2012, Philips will also launch new portable music players and cases for Android, making it the first to offer a complete music ecosystem for Android products.
"For over a century, Philips has been at the forefront of acoustic engineering and design, developing revolutionary products and technology that have radically changed the way people listen to and enjoy music," said Jacopo D'Alessandris, vice president, Philips Consumer Lifestyle North America. "Our consumers are obsessed with sound and so are we. This obsession inspires our innovation process, resulting in products that reveal every acoustic detail in life-like clarity."
Philips Fidelio Premium Audio
Philips delivers high fidelity sound that reveals every acoustic detail with its premium Fidelio speakers featuring Airplay and new Fidelio headphones. The SoundAvia and Primo speakers will transform any room into a virtual concert hall with crystal-clear sound, while the Fidelio L1 and M1 high-end headphones reach a new pinnacle in acoustic precision that you can enjoy.
- Fidelio AD7050W SoundAvia wireless speaker with AirPlay – With a compact design to fit any space and any lifestyle, the new SoundAvia Airplay speaker combines elegance and superb sound quality for well-balanced sound performance. Stream music via AirPlay technology or play and charge your iPhone®/iPod®/iPad® simultaneously. Available in April 2012.
- Fidelio DS9100W Primo docking speaker with AirPlay – Constructed from premium-quality natural wood, metal and fabric, the new Primo speaker dock features SoundCurve technology to ensure superb crystal-clear sound, precisely tuned bass pipes, and full audible spectrum reproduction to deliver true fidelity sound for an authentic listening experience. Bi-amplification with active crossover produces clearer voice presence and vocals, better sound balance and a defined instrument separation even at the highest volumes. Available in April 2012.
- Fidelio L1 – The Fidelio L1 high-end headphones, made for iPhone/iPod/iPad, are tuned by the sharpest ears of the Philips Golden Ears panel to deliver exceptional sound detail for every song, just as the artist intended. The L1 over-ear headphones are made from premium materials, including aluminum and fine leathers to ensure long-lasting comfort and style. Available in April 2012.
- Fidelio M1 – The Fidelio M1 on-ear headphones are constructed from premium long-lasting, lightweight materials to deliver excellent noise isolation without compromising on sound clarity. The M1 headphones include options for universal or made for Apple in-line microphones and controls. Available in April 2012.
Philips Android Ecosystem
Adding to its existing range of Android speaker docks, Philips unveils a new line of headsets, its next generation GoGear Connect media player, and a specially designed line of cases to create the first ever music accessories ecosystem designed specifically for use with Android devices.
- Android Headsets – Never miss a beat – or a call – with the bold, personalized sound of Philips Made for Android Headsets – a first-of-its-kind line designed to deliver a customized, hands-free experience specifically for Android users. Users can customize their headset to have full functionality of controls for their individual Android device. The new headsets offer easy call and music management enhanced by sound optimization and personalization capabilities through the free Philips MyHeadset app. Available in Q2 2012.
- GoGear Connect 3.5 – GoGear Connect 3.5 is the latest Wi-Fi-enabled touch screen MP4 player from Philips, offering consumers the full Android 2.3 Gingerbread experience. The GoGear Connect 3.5 brings to your fingertips 720p HD video, Skype communication, and more than 300,000 apps and games from the Android Market™, enhanced by a superior sound experience through Philips' FullSound™ and Surround for Movies technologies. Available in April 2012.
Philips Headphones and Headsets
Robust features, stylish design and superb, noise-isolating sound quality are hallmarks of Philips headphones and headsets, and the new CitiScape Collection and Philips O'Neill lifestyle headphones range are no exception.
- CitiScape Collection – Timeless style and comfort distinctively blend with superb acoustic performance in the new CitiScape Collection of headsets and headphones, inspired by street apparel from urban cities across the globe. The exclusive MusicSeal feature available in three of the four models offers a fully immersive listening environment that lets you be part of the city's buzz but not its noise. Featuring four models: Uptown over-ear headset, Downtown on-ear headset, Metro on-ear headphones and Underground in-ear headset. Available in April 2012.
- Philips | O'Neill – Fusing O'Neill's strong heritage in design and durability with Philips' expertise in audio to create stylish innovation for active lifestyles, the Tread in-ear and the Construct headband headphones and headsets are Philips' toughest yet. Built with durable, high-impact materials and reinforced cables, the newest offerings in the Philips | O'Neill line are designed for the most extreme conditions and deliver high-performance sound. Available in April 2012.
- ActionFit Universal Headset – Made with sweat-proof, washable, antimicrobial materials, the ActionFit ear-hook universal headset is the perfect workout companion for fitness enthusiasts fueled by bass thumping stereo sound. The customizable ear-hook design ensures a long-lasting, comfortable fit for even the most enduring athletes, while Philips' expertise in sound technology delivers an exceptional listening experience that virtually eliminates unwanted background noise. Available in April 2012.
2012 CES Design and Engineering Awards Winners
Philips was honored this year as an industry eminent by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), receiving four 2012 CES Design and Engineering Awards:
- TwinPlay Dual-Screen In-Car Display for iPhone/iPod/iPad – Unveiled at CES 2012, the TwinPlay Dual-Screen In-Car Display is the only in-car entertainment system that allows you to share videos, music, and photos from your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with all passengers at once through two premium 7" or 9" widescreen LCD displays and an integrated cup holder dock. Available in April 2012.
- Fidelio DS3881W SoundRing wireless speaker with AirPlay – Honored in the Audio Components product category, the SoundRing combines Philips' world-class design expertise and sound innovation to deliver a striking circular speaker that is both portable and rechargeable.
- GoGear Connect 3 – In the Portable Media Players product category, the GoGear Connect 3 is a touch screen multimedia player that runs on Android 2.3 to offer intense, clear sound through state-of-the-art in-ear headphones that seal snugly to the ears to isolate background noise.
- Home Charging Station – In the Portable Power product category, the Home Charging Station – an energy-efficient, multi-device charging solution compatible with smartphones, iPhone and iPad – makes going green easy. Users can charge up to four devices at one time, using either USB ports or AC outlets, and can seamlessly switch between different smartphone and iPad charging methods.
To learn more about Philips' latest innovations in consumer lifestyle products at CES, follow us on Twitter @obsessedwsound and visit www.philips.com/sound. Members of the media are invited to visit the Philips Consumer Lifestyle Lounge at the Venetian Hotel, Toscana 3701 from Monday, January 9 through Thursday, January 12.
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations. As a world leader in healthcare, lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of "sense and simplicity." Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs over 120,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 22.3 billion in 2010, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being and pleasure with strong leadership positions in male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
iPad, iPod and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android and Android Market are registered trademarks of Google.
SOURCE Royal Philips Electronics
More by this Source
Latest Philips Offering Reduces LED Count in Retrofit Lamps by 50 Percent
May 09, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.