"As radiotherapy continues to evolve, our focus needs to remain on quality and timeliness, which can be eroded by the standard work process," said Rob Cascella, CEO, Diagnosis and Treatment, Philips. "To address these issues, Philips' radiation oncology solutions use intelligent automation to simplify workflow and enhance consistency from imaging through treatment planning so clinicians can be confident in consistently delivering the best possible care with a patient-centric approach."
The Philips booth (#7039) at ASTRO 2016 will showcase the company's advanced solutions enhancing its integrated radiation oncology approach with a full suite to help clinicians deliver quality cancer care to improve both the patient and staff experience including the following:
- CT Big Bore v4.2 with Tumor LOC and iPatient Platform – A trusted CT simulation solution designed for every cancer patient, delivering accuracy, reliability and an efficient workflow to drive clinical confidence in cancer treatment. Now integrated with both Philips' Tumor LOC technology and iPatient Platform, Big Bore offers more powerful simulation and advanced marking tools to help speed time to treatment.
- Powered by Pinnacle3, TumorLOC integrates scanning and planning to simplify and accelerate patient marking and CT simulation at the scanner console.
- Philips' iPatient platform provides consistent image quality from scan-to-scan through patient-centered workflows for both routine and advanced 4D imaging applications, making patient setup fast and easy.
- Ingenia MR-RT - a dedicated MR simulation platform providing clinicians with high quality MR images acquired in the treatment position to help visualize targets and critical structures, allowing them to design the best possible treatment plans. The recently 510(k) cleared MR-only simulation for prostate treatment planning is a continuation of Philips's commitment of making MR more accessible to radiation oncology by simplifying workflows.
Philips aims to further streamline the often repetitive and time-consuming process from imaging to treatment planning with intelligent workflow automation with the goal to further speed time to treatment and to enhance consistency. At ASTRO, Philips will showcase developments in intelligent workflow automation, such as automated contouring on MR-only based datasets1.
1Work in Progress
- Pinnacle3 - A leader in radiation treatment planning with fast, accurate and interactive treatment planning tools. Now with a new intuitive user interface, Pinnacle³ offers seamless integration that enhances planning efficiency and quality while making plan workflow faster and less iterative. Pinnacle3 intelligent automation simplifies and accelerates the IMRT and VMAT planning process. Smart automation tools enable the user to create plans with limited clinician intervention while reducing the dose variability of manual planning workflows.
For more information about Philips' presence at ASTRO, including the full suite of Philips radiation oncology technology and integrated solutions, please visit Philips' ASTRO event website, and follow @PhilipsLiveFrom for more information on Philips' presence at #ASTRO16.
For further information, please contact:
Philips Diagnosis and Treatment
Tel: + 1 781-277-1170
Philips Group Communications
Tel: +1 978-221-8919
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips' health technology portfolio generated 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs approximately 69,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140122/NE50581LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/philips-unveils-patient-centric-advanced-radiation-oncology-imaging-and-treatment-planning-innovations-at-astro-2016-300333731.html
SOURCE Royal Philips