CHANTILLY, Va., Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- PhishMe Inc., creator of the industry-leading phishing mitigation and detection platform, today reported extraordinary corporate performance for the 2013 fiscal year. Bookings grew 130% over the previous year and the company achieved significant increases across all key corporate performance measures, including the largest fourth quarter in company history.
The threat landscape is driving adoption of solutions that complement security technology investments and address the human element of the security equation. Recent research conducted by CyberEdge Group states that malware and phishing related attacks are the greatest concerns (3.26 out of 5, respectively) among cyber threats. The study also concluded that low security awareness among employees is the greatest inhibitor to adequately defending against cyber threats according to responding organizations.
As a result, PhishMe continues to demonstrate outstanding growth across all major vertical sectors, including financial services, energy, manufacturing, and healthcare by focusing on changing user security behavior. During 2013, the number of PhishMe enterprise customers increased by more than 66% percent, aligning with other strong indicators for continued expansion and growth in 2014.
"We are delighted with our performance and the market demand to address human security vulnerabilities in the enterprise with a new approach to security awareness and training," said Rohyt Belani, CEO of PhishMe. "Given our explosive growth, successful track record, and customer satisfaction, we are confident that our worldwide revenue will continue growing aggressively in 2014."
2013 PhishMe achievements include:
- Expanded internationally by opening operations in the U.K. and a data center in Switzerland to satisfy demand across EMEA.
- Developed key partner relationships with FireEye®, Accuvant, and GuidePoint Security to offer industry-leading solutions against the most prevalent attack vector - spear phishing.
- Introduced innovations with patented technologies, Double Barrel and Benchmarking. Also, launched the first crowdsourced phishing attack detection system, PhishMe Reporter™.
- Added key management positions, including Vice President of Marketing and Vice President of Customer Success, to ensure PhishMe is well positioned for business and market growth.
- Recognized as an industry innovator by being selected to the SINET 16 and SC Magazine Innovators of 2013.
About PhishMe, Inc.
PhishMe® is the leading provider of phishing mitigation and detection for organizations concerned about human susceptibility to sophisticated cyber attacks. PhishMe's immersive training platform turns employees into an active line of defense by enabling them to identify, report, and mitigate spear phishing, malware, and drive-by threats. A data-driven approach ensures that PhishMe integrates easily into the security technology stack, demonstrating measurable results to help inform an organization's security decision making process. PhishMe's customers include the defense industrial base, critical infrastructure, and Global 1,000 entities that understand changing user security behavior will improve security, aid incident response, and reduce the risk of compromise. For additional information, please visit: www.phishme.com.