WASHINGTON, March 10, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) honored 13 employees from 12 biopharmaceutical companies as "We Work For Health Champions" for their extraordinary efforts in policy advocacy and community service.
Established in 2009, the We Work for Health Champion Awards were created by the biopharmaceutical industry to honor employees who have not only excelled in their careers, but also shown an outstanding commitment to their communities through advocacy, community outreach, educational programs, community service and corporate education programs.
"I am honored to recognize this year's We Work for Health Champions. Each honoree exemplifies a principle our industry stands for and holds dear—helping others," said Stephen J. Ubl, PhRMA president and CEO. "Our 2016 Champions inspire advancements in innovation and drive progress toward delivery of life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to patients."
Nominated by their peers, honorees from across the country were selected for their exemplary service as ambassadors of the biopharmaceutical industry in the communities where they live and work.
From building award-winning patient education websites to inspiring future generations of scientists in local communities to championing policy solutions, these individuals raise awareness of and support for the work of the biopharmaceutical industry. Most importantly, they provide community-enhancing service to the places they call home.
The 2016 We Work For Health Champions include:
- Joseph Latella, senior regional specialty sales manager, Astellas Pharma US
- Juan Nadal, M.D., vice president, medical communications, Bayer Corporation
- J. Aaron Graham, executive director, brand safety & security, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Adam Taliaferro, associate director, state strategy & policy, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Michele Schmidt, R.N., executive director, global project leadership, Celgene
- Pauline Coderre, R.Ph., M.S., CCP, health education consultant, Eli Lilly and Company
- Christine Schnackenberg, Ph.D., FAHA, senior scientific investigator, GlaxoSmithKline
- Norris Turner Jr., Pharm.D., Ph.D., therapeutic area director, healthcare quality systems, strategic customer group, Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
- Marilyn Mainardi, associate director, market access, USP pricing and reimbursement, Merck
- Nancy Bell, Pharm.D., medical outcomes specialist, Pfizer
- Jayaram Srirangam, Ph.D., MBA, associate research fellow in worldwide PharmSci, Pfizer
- Diana Lenkowsky, vice president, facilities and administrative services, Purdue Pharma
- Alok Goel, senior manager, HR operations & special projects, Sanofi US
To learn more about this year's distinguished honorees, visit We Work for Health's website at www.weworkforhealth.org.
About We Work for Health
We Work For Health is a grassroots initiative that shows how biopharmaceutical research and medical innovation work together to create a strong, vibrant economy and a healthier America. We unite biopharmaceutical companies with business and community partners to raise awareness about the vital role we all play in delivering life-saving and life-enhancing advancements in medicine, while educating elected leaders on the impact that public policies have on our ability to continue to innovate. Learn more about the organization at www.weworkforhealth.org
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country's leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier, and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $600 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $51.2 billion in 2014 alone.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/phrma-applauds-2016-we-work-for-health-champion-award-winners-300233522.html
SOURCE Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)