Physician compliance a key focus at the 18th Annual Compliance Institute
Physician Compliance track to include documentation compliance and the electronic medical record, compliance mistakes small physician practices make, compliance coaching, physician appeals, mitigating coding risk, and much more
18th Annual Compliance Institute, March 30-April 2, 2014, San Diego, California
MINNEAPOLIS, Dec. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As health care reform becomes reality physicians and the institutions in which they practice face countless compliance challenges—in the way they practice, how they document their work, where they practice, how they are paid for their services, and much more. To address these and other imminent changes, the 2014 Compliance Institute will offer a "Physician Compliance" track as one of its nine educational tracks, the Health Care Compliance Association announced today.
The sessions outlined in this track will cover information related to small and large physician practices, research billing for physicians, academic medical centers, hospitals and health systems and they include:
- Documentation Compliance for ICD-10 along with CPOE: Strategies for Compliance Officer to Minimize PTS in your Medical Staff – Betty Bibbins, president & chief medical officer, DocuCompLLC;
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, CHC: Physician Compliance Education, Quality, and Risk Reduction Partners – D. Scott Jones, senior vice president, claims, risk management, & compliance, HPIX; Richard E. Moses, physician/attorney;
- Educate the Medical School to Educate Their Physicians – James Dunnick, MD, FACC, CPC, CHCQM;
- Who Is a Qualified Health Care Professional (QPH)? A Compliance Update on Using Extenders from CRNAs to PAs – Joette Derricks, vice president of regulatory affairs, Anesthesia Business Consultants; Neda Ryan, associate attorney, Clark Hill PLC;
- Tic-Tock…The Clock is Ticking – Maggie Mac, CPC, CEMC, CHC, CMM, ICCE; Elin Baklid-Kunz, CHC, director, physician services, Halifax Health;
- Coaching Compliance: Connecting the Dots When Problems Arise – Jacqueline Bloink, director of compliance, Arizona Community Physicians;
- Common Compliance Mistakes in Small Physician Practices – Kimberly Huey, president, KGG Coding & Reimbursement Consulting; Sandra Giangreco, senior consultant, Haugen Consulting Group;
- Beyond Benchmarking: Integrating Analytics into Daily Compliance Operations – Jared Krawczyk, chief product architect, Fi-Med Management, Inc.
- Managing Effective Compliance Program on a Limited Budget: Doing More with Less – Teri Morris, director of quality/compliance, Cherokee Indian Hospital; Lea Fourkiller, chief compliance officer, Conifer Health Solutions;
- Mitigating Coding Risks In the EHR – Kimberly Huey, president, KGG Coding & Reimbursement; Sandra Giangreco, senior consultant, Haugen Consulting Group;
- Physician Appeals 101 – Emilie Rayman, Esq., vice president legal and compliance, CMHS; Thomas Jeffry, attorney, Arent Fox LLP.
About the 2014 Compliance Institute
HCCA's 2014 Compliance Institute, a four-day conference with 146 sessions, nine learning tracks, and 232 speakers, will immerse approximately 2,000 conference attendees in the vast world of governance, regulatory risk, and compliance obligations health care industry compliance professionals face daily. The Compliance Institute is the primary education and networking event for professionals working in compliance and ethics in the health care industry. At this meeting, attendees learn the latest methods and strategies for developing and improving their compliance programs in this rapidly growing and evolving profession.
In addition to the Physician Compliance track, the Compliance Institute features the following tracks:
- Hot Topics in Compliance Track
- Privacy & Security Track
- Long-Term Care Track
- Compliance Lawyer Track
- Auditing & Monitoring Track
- Quality of Care Track
- How to Succeed as a Compliance Professional Track
- Advanced Discussion Groups
Use this link to access the Compliance Institute website http://www.compliance-institute.org/
The HCCA, established in 1996 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, is a non-profit professional membership organization with more than 8,500 members. It is dedicated to improving the quality of compliance. Visit HCCA's website at www.hcca-info.org. Tel: 888/580-8373.
SOURCE Health Care Compliance Association
More by this Source
2014 Compliance Institute features SpeedNetworking and SpeedMentoring sessions
Mar 18, 2014, 12:01 ET
Additional government enforcement authorities to speak at the 2014 Compliance Institute
Feb 27, 2014, 14:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.