AYER, Mass., Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimming the waistline is consistently a top New Year's resolution. For those looking for 2013's hottest healthy food trend, Nasoya®, the nation's leading brand of tofu and refrigerated wraps and noodles, is here to help. Bringing a staple of Japanese kitchens to the United States, Nasoya's Pasta Zero shirataki noodles contain 40 calories and 8 grams of carbs per 8 ounce serving, 190 fewer calories and 38 fewer carbohydrates than a similar serving of traditional pasta.
Made primarily from yam flour and water, Pasta Zero shirataki noodles can be used just like traditional pasta or noodles in recipes. Unlike other shirataki noodles, Pasta Zero also contains chickpea flour giving the noodles a "real pasta" taste and texture without the excess carbs and calories. Pasta Zero noodles are also a good source of water-soluble dietary fiber helping consumers feel fuller longer.
"Pasta Zero has quickly become a favorite among healthy eaters as it satisfies carb cravings without derailing a healthy eating plan," said Susan Rolnick, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Nasoya. "Carb lovers can still enjoy favorites like Fettuccine Alfredo, Spaghetti with Marinara and delicious stir-fries without worrying about their waistlines."
Dinner Recipes Under 200 Calories
With a week's worth of recipes under 200 calories, Nasoya.com provides figure-friendly solutions for weeknight meal making. Recipes under 200 calories per serving include:
- Fettuccine Alfredo: Rich and decadent but with only 160 calories per serving, Pasta Zero Fettuccine Alfredo satisfies the most serious of pasta cravings.
- Vegetable Noodle Soup: At less than 100 calories per serving this vegetable soup is perfect for a chilly winter night!
- Spicy Beef Soup: If you're looking for more of a kick, try this Spicy Beef Soup recipe made with sirloin, shitake mushrooms and a drizzle of sesame oil for plenty of flavor with little fat.
- Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce: Nothing is more comforting than a bowl of pasta with red sauce. This recipe delivers the flavor without the carbs.
- Noodle Stir Fry: Craving takeout from your favorite Asian restaurant? Make your own low calorie version at home with Pasta Zero!
Pasta Zero noodles come in two varieties, Spaghetti and Fettuccine, and are all-natural, vegan and gluten-free. Retailing for approximately $2.29, the noodles are currently available nationwide in the refrigerated case of the produce section, near Nasoya tofu. Just open, rinse and enjoy! For additional information about Nasoya visit www.nasoya.com.
NASOYA: NO CHOPSTICKS REQUIRED!
Always striving to meet the changing needs of consumers, Nasoya has been committed to providing delicious, premium quality foods to consumers for over 30 years. Its products include organic and all-natural tofu, including TofuPlus®, fresh, all-natural Asian style noodles and wraps, and Nayonaise vegan sandwich spread. Look for Nasoya in the produce or dairy section of supermarkets and natural grocers nationwide. Nasoya's parent company is Vitasoy USA, Inc., a pioneer in bringing organic and all-natural soy foods to America and a part of Vitasoy International Holdings Ltd. Visit www.nasoya.com, Facebook.com/Nasoya or Twitter.com/Nasoya for more information.
360 Public Relations