JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Feb. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Pilot Corporation of America (Pilot Pen) is celebrating Valentine's Day this year by proving all you needs is love...and a pen, to truly express your feelings to others. In today's world, technology can be an obstacle to deep personal connection, and American's report being significantly more depressed than we were in the 1980's*. With the average American adult spending 11 hours per day interacting with electronic media, and more than two of those hours devoted entirely to a smartphone or time on the Internet**, both happiness and analog communication is at an all-time low. Therefore, Pilot is challenging Americans to put down the smart phone and enjoy a digital detox this Valentine's Day by picking up a pen to connect and spread the love.
"You can count on your two hands the number of cards or letters Americans send each year to close loved ones – it's only eight on average.*** So a handwritten note now stands out, as a meaningful way to show your love, as never before," said Ariann Langsam, Director of Marketing. "A letter or card not only allows you to connect, but it also creates a written legacy of your love. Famous love letters like those written by Napoleon to Josephine, and Richard Burton to Elizabeth Taylor have made us all more romantic. We invite Pilot's followers and fans to celebrate Valentine's Day by either writing to a loved one or participating in one of our Pilot Love Guru's activities and connect this Valentine's Day."
Pilot has commissioned their renowned Love Guru to create three DIY gifts to craft ones way to Valentine's success, using a Pilot writing instrument, a few other simple supplies and a little creative flair.
- Tiny Letter – Big Love: Use a Pilot Precise, a clothespin, paper, tape and a secret message to create a whimsical love note your Valentine can "open up" and keep with them always. A Pilot Precise provides the perfect point size to create a micro message for your Valentine.
- Date Night in a Jar: Grab a mason jar off the shelf, Popsicle sticks or tongue depressors and a smooth Pilot G2 to help keep date night fun and fresh. You'll run out of ideas long before your G2 runs out of ink! Once the date night jar is complete, close your eyes, pick out an activity and let date night begin.
- 52 Reasons Why (I Love You): A deck of cards, a Pilot Gold or Silver Paint Marker and 52 sweet messages is all you need to make your Valentine fall in love for the first time or all over again. Pilot's Paint Markers add a striking metallic shine to each wonderful message shared with your Valentine.
In addition to these creative DIY gifts, the Pilot Love Guru will be back this Valentine's Day to once again bring the written Valentine to life on Pilot's social media. To ensure an unforgettable Valentine's Day, enlist the Pilot Love Guru to give your sweetie a memento they will cherish forever. As in previous years, Pilot Pen will help lovers everywhere make a lasting impression by creating unique handwritten love letters requested by fans on social media. To participate just follow these simple steps:
- Tweet (@PilotPenUSA), Instagram (@PilotPenUSA), or Facebook (Pilot Pen) a message tagging your crush or Valentine and include the hashtag #PilotLoveGuru.
- The Pilot Love Guru will then handwrite a heartfelt love note and send it to your Valentine via the selected social network.
- Your Valentine will be surprised and you will score bonus points for thinking outside the box, the candy box that is.
Follow along with all of the Valentine's Day fun at Facebook.com/PilotPen, @PilotPenUSA on Instagram and Twitter, and #PilotLoveGuru, and be sure to share the handwritten love this Valentine's Day.
ABOUT PILOT CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Pilot Pen offers superlative writing instruments renowned for quality, performance, cutting-edge technology and consumer satisfaction. Widely acknowledged as innovators, Pilot was first to introduce Americans to fine-point writing, currently maintaining the top share position in the gel and rolling ball pen categories. Pilot's line also includes the acclaimed Dr. Grip family of products featuring an ergonomic, wide comfort grip that reduces writing fatigue, as well as the notable Precise V5 and G2 lines. Pilot Pen manufactures and distributes from its state-of-the-art facility in Jacksonville, Florida; its parent company is the oldest and largest manufacturer of writing instruments in Japan. For more: www.pilotpen.us.
SOURCE Pilot Corporation of America