SINGAPORE, NEW YORK, and SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Pivotal and NYSE Technologies today unveiled Pivotal Data Dispatch to help give data workers an on-demand discovery and analysis service for Big Data that resides inside and outside of an organization.
- For the first time companies can rapidly and securely provision structured and unstructured Big Data from any source – whether that's Hadoop, MPP, Flat File or a legacy database – to enable unprecedented levels of analytics output from data workers.
- Pivotal Data Dispatch closes the Big Data productivity gap by uniquely automating many parts of the access process for data workers; drastically reducing the time it takes to better manipulate data to derive valuable insights about their business.
- The announcement of Pivotal Data Dispatch comes just three weeks in advance of the highly anticipated launch of Pivotal's revolutionary Enterprise PaaS product, powered by Cloud Foundry, on November 12, 2013. Registration for the launch can be found at http://www.gopivotal.com/ThePlatform.
At the first-ever PivotalSM Summit in Singapore, Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS, and agile development, today announced, with NYSE Technologies, Pivotal™ Data Dispatch (Pivotal DD). Pivotal DD is a scalable and cost-effective solution offering a consolidated view of disparate data sources, self-service sandbox provisioning for reporting and data analytics. Companies can now rapidly and securely provision structured and unstructured Big Data from any source – whether that's Hadoop, MPP, Flat File or a legacy database – to enable unprecedented levels of analytics output from data workers. With the use of Pivotal DD, businesses will now have a comprehensive system to view, manage and analyze data inside and outside the organization to make quicker decisions and develop key data insights for the organization.
Enterprises today need to close the gap between the rapidly growing big data repositories and their ability to extract value from them in a timely way. Companies must improve analytics time-to-market by empowering data workers – analysts, business intelligence professionals and data scientists – with on-demand access to data from disparate sources. Data workers need fast access to disparate internal and external data for complex analytics with strict service level agreements that move faster than traditional IT tools and processes allow. The challenge of speed and access is compounded by the proliferation of terabytes of data among multiple platforms distributed geographically and between organizations.
Pivotal DD removes Big Data and analytic barriers by giving customers speed from self-service discovery and access of data; control through improved security and compliance through unified access control, policy enforcement, and audit capabilities; and efficiency via cost stabilization with reduced IT involvement and managed data growth from leased sandbox creation.
Pivotal DD also includes these capabilities:
- Unified Data Platform views: A catalog of disparate data platforms, allowing IT to register the data platforms, define the business metadata, create security and access rules, and enforce policies
- Data Management for Hadoop and Beyond: Fast access to an enterprise data reservoir, an electronic library of files and database systems. Systems may also include Hadoop-based platforms, data grids and cache services, MPP appliances, message queues, and internal or external clouds.
- Self-Provisioning: On-demand analytics sandbox creation with a data lease for a specified duration set by the data worker and data manager.
- Security and Access Control: Single metadata repository for unified access, security, lineage, and auditability for IT admins.
Pivotal Data Dispatch software underpinnings were originally developed by NYSE Technologies to solve advanced analytics access for regulatory requirements across a diverse data architecture. Pivotal, in association with NYSE Technologies, has incorporated this sophisticated software into a commercial offering – called Pivotal Data Dispatch – designed to solve the evolving data needs of the Pivotal customer base.
Josh Klahr, vice president, data platform product management, Pivotal
"The traditional enterprise analytics process is no longer sufficient to take advantage of today's exponentially growing volumes of data. Pivotal DD takes what was once a manual, non-scalable process and helps data workers discover and provision data they never had access to before – which can be integrated and moved to a designated analytics platform for on-demand research and analysis. For the data worker, it's as simple and similar to how we use on-demand video platforms in our everyday lives."
Steven Hirsch, chief data officer at NYSE Euronext
"Pivotal Data Dispatch solves complex market surveillance and regulatory data needs, and is heavily utilized across NYSE Euronext production systems today. Together, we understand the pressures of managing Big Data, and the processing power behind Pivotal Data Dispatch technology allows us and their customers to store data reliably at significant scale and easily adapt to fast-paced changes in the Big Data Universe."
Availability and Pricing
Pivotal Data Dispatch will be available in Q4 for purchase as a standalone product, and interoperates with any enterprise data warehouse, analytics platform, or storage system.
- Learn more about the features in Pivotal Data Dispatch with NYSE Technologies http://www.gopivotal.com/pivotal-products/data/pivotal-data-dispatch
Pivotal, committed to open source and open standards, is a leading provider of application and data infrastructure software, agile development services, and data science consulting. Pivotal's revolutionary Enterprise PaaS product, powered by Cloud Foundry, will be available in November 12, 2013. Learn more at www.gopivotal.com. Follow Pivotal on Twitter @gopivotal and LinkedIn, G+.
©2013. All rights reserved. Pivotal is a trademark and/or registered trademark of GoPivotal, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in the filings EMC Corporation, the parent company of Pivotal, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC and Pivotal disclaim any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.