NEW YORK, July 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- This September PIX11 is bringing together the top experts in the health and wellness fields for an all-day, all-ages expo. The PIX11 Health & Wellness Expo will take place at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan on September 25th from 11am to 5pm and will be hosted by Dr. Steve Salvatore, of the nationally syndicated program "Dr. Steve."
Through the use of classes, demonstrations, seminars and hands-on experience, PIX11 will provide a day of information and entertainment that the whole family will enjoy.
The event will bring a variety of doctors, nutritionists, sports and fitness specialists, wellness celebrities, authors and a diverse group of experts in the areas of: Food Allergies, Breast Cancer Awareness, Diabetes Prevention and Treatment, Thyroid Disease - Detection and Care, Pregnancy Health, Men's Fitness, Childhood Obesity Prevention, Sinus/Snoring/Sleep Apnea and GERD treatment options, Naturopathic Medicine, Vitamins as Natural Medicine, Figuring Out Fiber, Gluten-free Eating, Taking Charge of Your Health and How to Get Healthcare if You Lose Your Health Insurance.
Free fitness classes include: Cardio: The Tae Bo Way with Billy Blanks (Billy will also be speaking at a seminar and signing autographs,) V-Core and Catwalk Confidence: The Power Behind Barefoot Training with Dr. Emily Splichal, Tightan Body Blade Workout with Jon Gallo, New Body Boot Camp with Aja Davis, Zumba Fitness® with Joanne Rossiter, Yoga, Dance classes and more!
Confirmed celebrities: Fitness superstar Billy Blanks, actress/singer/activist Sheryl Lee Ralph plus PIX11's Dr. Steve, Jill Nicolini, Tamsen Fadal, Mr. G and more!
American Media, Inc, the leading publisher of health and fitness magazines in the U.S. will have various experts from their stable of titles on hand at the expo hosting seminars throughout the day. Magazine editors from Shape, Men's Fitness, Natural Health and Fit Pregnancy will also be available to answer questions and share their wide range of knowledge with expo attendees. Free issues of magazines including Shape, Men's Fitness, Natural Health and Fit Pregnancy will be distributed.
Medical experts scheduled to speak include:
- Dr. Neeta M. Shah, MD, FACP - Vice President, Women's Health Services, North Shore-LIJ Health System,
- Dr. Scott H. Sicherer - Professor of Pediatrics, Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at Mount Sinai School of Medicine and member of the Medical Advisory Board for FAAN (The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network)
- Dr. Peter Bongiorno and Dr. Pina LoGiudice - naturopathic doctors and licensed acupuncturists
- Dr. Anne Marie Van Hoven - endocrinologist, at Saint Peter's Thyroid and Diabetes Center
- Dr. Meena Murthy, M.D - Chief of the Division of Endocrinology, Nutrition and Metabolism at Saint Peter's University Hospital
- Dr. Joan K. Portello - Associate Professor at the State University of New York, State College of Optometry
- Dr. Ira Kirschenbaum - Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
- Tanya Zuckerbrot MS, RD - celebrity dietitian and creator of The F-Factor Diet
- Angelica Medina and Naomi Cunningham - Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline & Support Program
- Deirdre Pizzoferrato - registered dietitian and child nutrition expert
- Amilya Antonetti -Best-selling author, founder of Soapworks, Inc., cofounder of Lucky Napkin and CEO of AmA Productions LLC.
- Nicole Hunn –author of Gluten-Free on a Shoestring
- Dr. Jordan S. Josephson - surgeon and author of Sinus Relief Now
- Dr. Richard Firshein, D.O.- author of Reversing Asthma, Your Asthma-Free Child, The Nutraceutical Revolution and The Vitamin Prescription (for life)
Participating hospitals include: Saint Peter's University Hospital, North Shore-LIJ Health System, Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center.
In addition, Saint Peter's University Hospital and SUNY College of Optometry will offer complimentary health screenings for attendees.
Plus, join PIX11 at the Expo to watch a taping of "Dr. Steve" from the Expo floor, where you can be a member of the studio audience.
The PIX11 Health & Wellness Expo is open to the public, and for less than the cost of a doctor's visit ($15 in advance at www.pix11.com/expo, $20 on site – with children under 12 free) you will have the opportunity to meet the leading doctors, medical experts, health practitioners and celebrity fitness experts.
Please visit www.pix11.com/expo for detailed information on seminars, to sign up for fitness classes and to purchase tickets.
PIX11 Health & Wellness Expo
DATE: Sunday, September 25, 2011
DOORS OPEN 10:30am
LOCATION: Jacob Javits Convention Center 655 West 34th Street, New York 10001
GENERAL ADMISSION: $15 in advance, $20 on site – Children under 12 are free
For complete details please visit www.pix11.com/expo
About PIX 11
Founded in 1948 and owned by Tribune Broadcasting, a division of the Tribune Company, PIX11 has long been regarded as a groundbreaking station in New York. In September 2006, PIX11 became the flagship station of the CW Television Network, and its successful primetime programming, award winning news, extensive library of hit movies, first-run programs, off-network sitcom favorites, quality children's programming and public affairs shows, as well as outstanding event coverage, have contributed to the station's success. PIX11 has earned over 190 Emmy Awards, including two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Morning News Program and multiple Emmy Awards for Outstanding Newscast. The station has been honored with numerous other awards for excellence in reporting, news coverage, public affairs, specials and features. In addition, PIX11 has been the official broadcast television home of the New York Mets since 1999. For more information, please visit pix11.com.
SOURCE Tribune Broadcasting