SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Plastc, creator of the Plastc Card, the most intelligently-designed and secure digital card ever invented, today announced its exclusive four-day "COIN Buy-Back " Campaign. Starting at 3:00 a.m. PT, November 27 and lasting until 11:59 p.m. PT, November 30, 2015, Plastc will offer a discounted price on the Plastc Card to ex or current COIN users, who will be able to easily trade in their COIN cards via the Plastc site.
"Our COIN Buy-Back'' campaign was inspired by the flood of daily inbound requests from current and ex-COIN owners begging us to buy back their cards," said Ryan Marquis, CEO and co-founder of Plastc. "We decided it was finally time to establish a limited-time program to purchase all the unwanted COIN cards on the market, and what better time to do it than over the Thanksgiving weekend where everyone is always looking for a good deal."
Ex-COIN or soon-to-be ex-COIN users need to simply show proof that they purchased and then cancelled their COIN Card, and then Plastc will offer a discounted price on Plastc Card for however much was paid for COIN.
Plastc Card's ship date is slated for April 29, 2016. The Plastc Card will include updated features and improved functionality from what described at launch. These updates include:
- EMV-supported payment technology - Plastc will launch initially with EMV support that will function worldwide, additional payment networks support will follow
- Upgraded wireless charging support - All three wireless charging standards: PMA, A4WP and Qi will be supported from the get go, allowing users to charge their Plastc Card anywhere wireless charging is available. Plastc Card will ship with a Qi wireless charger.
- Optional 'Lock Mode' feature - Accessible from the touchscreen of Plastc Card you will be able to lock the screen onto one card, ensuring no changes are made and the chosen card is activated. When the card is in Lock Mode, no changes may be made to the card and only the last four digits of the card number will be visible. A PIN code will be required to unlock.
- Emergency card feature - In the instance that your Plastc Card loses power, it will automatically default to the emergency card you select to temporarily prolong use.
- Upgraded E-ink touchscreen display - Updated screen sized at 3.1", an increased pixel resolution of 74 x 312 px, a 4-bit grayscale and a high accuracy touch sensor, which offers a crisper, clearer screen and a touchscreen with significantly more accuracy.
Plastc Wallet Update
Plastc Card and Plastc Wallet will support multiple languages, beginning with English, Spanish and Japanese, adding in additional languages over time.
Plastc Wallet will offer a PFM (Personal Finance Management system) allowing users to see all of their account balances and transaction histories in one place, eliminating the need to toggle through multiple banking apps. Some of the institutions that have been integrated with to provide PFM support include: Chase, Bank of America, US Bank, CITI, Charles Schwab and Wells Fargo. Plastc as also recently added an additional 5 banks: American Express, HSBC, Capital One, Discover, and Fidelity.
Plastc Subscription Model
Plastc Card is now a subscription-based product, allowing the company to continue providing customers with the newest technology and security features available. After pre-orders close on April 29, 2016, Plastc Card will retail for $180 and include an 18 month subscription, with ongoing service available for $50/year.
As a thank you to early supporters, those who have purchased a Plastc Card before the pre-orders close will receive a free subscription to Plastc Card services for the lifetime of the Plastc Card, along with a two year warranty . If at any time during the first two years of Plastc Card ownership the card is damaged or malfunctions, Plastc will replace it for no charge. Plastc Card is the only payment card available with this kind of protection for early supporters.
For additional details please see https://plastc.com/coinbuyback
Plastc (www.plastc.com) is a FinTech company focused on designing innovative products that improve the lives of everyday people.
Plastc Card is the most intelligently designed, full-featured, and secure payment device on the market. In conjunction with the Plastc Wallet app, the Plastc Card can store credit, debit, gift, loyalty, membership, and even access cards on a single device. Each Plastc Card is equipped with a secure PIN lock, proximity alerts, and a unique 'Return Me' mode, making it more secure than both traditional credit cards and other payment technologies.
Plastc was founded by entrepreneurs and technologists Ryan Marquis and Mark Stubbs in 2012 and is based in San Francisco, California.