DENVER, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A New Year's resolution to reduce the effects of aging doesn't have to involve surgery, says Denver board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gregory Buford. Aesthetic improvements are possible through a variety of nonsurgical approaches depending on the individual patient's needs.
Treatments can improve the surface of the skin, restore lost volume in the face, and reduce or relax wrinkles. Here are 5 non-surgical cosmetic procedures that will restore a youthful glow.
- Microdermabrasion. For treatment of superficial blemishes, sun damage, and early signs of aging, microdermabrasion removes the outer layer of dead cells. Tiny crystals administered with a special tool exfoliate the skin, encouraging the natural regeneration of healthy, younger-looking skin cells. There is little downtime associated with microdermabrasion.
- Dermaplaning. Dermaplaning reaches deeper into the skin than microdermabrasion and addresses more extensive damage such as age spots, acne scars, and wrinkles. It is an aggressive form of exfoliation using an oscillating blade that improves skin texture and tone.
- Chemical peels. Brighter, more youthful skin can also be achieved through the use of chemical peels, which remove the damaged outer layers of the skin. Some recovery time is associated with renewal by chemical peels, as the superficial layer of skin peels away to reveal smoother, tighter skin with more even tone. Peels can be customized in strength to provide the degree of correction needed.
- Laser resurfacing. Damaged skin cells are vaporized with laser beams in this rejuvenating therapy. Lasers allow for treatment of delicate areas near the eyes and mouth, addressing deep lines and wrinkles. While the laser targets the outer layer of the skin, it also heats the underlying layer to stimulate the growth of collagen. Uneven skin pigmentation, wrinkles, scars, and blemishes can all be improved through laser resurfacing, and the process promotes smoother, tighter skin.
- Injectables. Signs of aging such as wrinkles, depressions, and lack of volume can be addressed through injectable treatments. Dermal fillers plump the skin as they fill wrinkles, creases, and folds. A variety of filler products (including JUVEDERM®, Sculptra®, Radiesse®, and Belotero®) target different needs; some of the products not only improve the appearance of the face but also stimulate collagen production for long-term benefit. Wrinkle relaxers (BOTOX®, Dysport®, or Xeomin®) immobilize the muscles that cause wrinkles, creating a rested, younger look. Injectables can provide months of rejuvenation from one treatment; some offer immediate results while others create change more gradually.
A more youthful look in the New Year can be achieved through a number of noninvasive approaches. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can identify the proper treatment for each patient's unique needs.
About BEAUTY by BUFORD: One of Denver's top plastic surgeons, Gregory Buford, MD, FACS, is the founder and medical director of BEAUTY by BUFORD. The Official Plastic Surgeon to the Miss Colorado Pageant, he was named one of "America's Top Surgeons" and is a nationally recognized trainer and consultant for many non-surgical products and techniques. He can be reached at 303-747-6719 or on his website.
Media Contact: Dr. Gregory Buford, BEAUTY by BUFORD, 303-747-6719, http://www.beautybybuford.com
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Dr. Gregory Buford