BALTIMORE, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- While many people start out with attractive feet, life isn't always kind to them. The good news is that blemished feet don't have to be a source of embarrassment -- an aesthetic podiatrist can make them presentable in public once again. No foot problem, large or small, need remain untreated.
Dr. Kelly Geoghan, a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) and aesthetic podiatry specialist at the Cosmetic Surgery Center of Maryland, offers unique and effective procedures to make feet look (and feel) their very best.
One of the few podiatrists in Maryland with special training in cosmetic procedures for the feet, Dr. Geoghan utilizes both surgical and non-surgical treatment options for tired, overworked, and ailing feet; her goal is to address a structural problem in an aesthetically pleasing way. Both aesthetic and corrective podiatry address the many issues that can plague feet.
"Foot and ankle problems can have a significant negative impact on one's life," says Dr. Geoghan. "Most people don't realize that correcting the problems of the feet can be done so that function and appearance are both improved."
Foot problems can arise from genetics, lifestyle choices, or age. For example, wearing shoes that are too tight, or with very high heels, can misshape feet and weaken their arches. Here is a sampling of the treatments performed by Dr. Geoghan:
- Injectable treatments for footpad discomfort and excess perspiration. Thinning footpads (metatarsalgia) are a common side effect of living a long and active life. Ill-fitting gel inserts for shoes may cause still more foot problems. Injectable fillers are used to add volume and relieve the pain; with repeat treatments, the foot's natural collagen production will increase and the time between visits starts to lengthen. Botox® is injected to treat excessive perspiration.
- Laser treatments for toenail fungus. Dr. Geoghan uses a painless medical laser to target treatment for this unsightly problem which, left untreated, is unlikely to resolve on its own. After the prescribed series of treatments, healthy nails grow back in without any adverse effects on any other part of the toe.
- Surgery for hammertoes, elongated toes, neuromas, and bunions. Dr. Geoghan offers a full range of cosmetic podiatric surgery procedures at the Cosmetic Surgery Center of Maryland. Repair of bunions may involve the removal of the bony protrusion and realignment of the affected toe to return it to its normal position. Other surgical options include toe straightening (for hammertoe), toe shortening, toe lengthening, and corn removal. Baltimore foot surgery generally takes about an hour; the anesthesia is always administered by a board-certified professional.
- Treatments for dermatological issues such as warts, lesions, dermatitis, and infections. With more than 15 years of experience addressing issues affecting the skin of the feet, Dr. Geoghan offers a variety of therapies based on the specific dermatological problem.
- Renewing and rejuvenating therapies. To pamper the feet, the Cosmetic Surgery Center of Maryland offers foot facials. The treatment consists of an exfoliation scrub, a mild chemical peel, and a specially blended foot masque, applied with massage techniques. The toenails are filed, treated with a uric-acid cream, and then are gently whitened with a bleaching agent.
With the type of comprehensive approach to foot care offered by Dr. Kelly L. Geoghan, many foot problems can be successfully treated, relieving pain in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
About The Cosmetic Surgery Center of Maryland: CSCMD is a nationally recognized cosmetic surgery practice located in the Baltimore area. Their offices, the Bellona Surgery Center, and The Medspa are at 8322 Bellona Avenue, Suite 300, Towson, MD 21204. They can be reached at 410-296-0414 or at http://www.cscmd.com. To find out more about The Medspa, visit http://www.cscmd.com/medspa/.
Media Contact: Lauren Weinberg, Cosmetic Surgery Center of Maryland, 410-296-0414, http://www.cscmd.com
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE The Cosmetic Surgery Center of Maryland