Platinum Guild International USA Announces Its Top 3 Celebrity Engagement Ring Settings of 2011
Jewelry Expert Michael O'Connor Shares Tips on How to Get a Similar Style in Platinum at a More Attainable Price
NEW YORK, Dec. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for the key holiday engagement season, Platinum Guild International USA, the US marketing arm for the platinum jewelry industry, today announced its top 3 celebrity ring settings of 2011:
- Anne Hathaway's classic solitaire diamond on a simple platinum band
- Reese Witherspoon's modern Ashoka cut diamond with pave diamonds set in a platinum band
- Carey Mulligan's vintage inspired style with blue sapphires set in platinum
Why are platinum engagement rings such a popular choice? Platinum not only puts the diamond on display more securely, its natural color never fades, making it the perfect symbol of enduring love.
"Since most of us can't afford to spend what some celebrities spend on an engagement ring, here are a few great tips on how you can still get one of the latest celebrity platinum ring styles without breaking the bank," says jewelry and style expert Michael O'Connor. "And now is a great time to buy platinum, as it has never been available at such extraordinary value now that the metal price is trading below gold."
O'Connor offers the following tips:
- Opt for a solitaire diamond on a solid platinum band or one with some micro-pave: This design draws attention to the center diamond, and since platinum is naturally white, it makes the diamond appear even brighter, regardless of its size! Solitaire styles are the perfect choice for women who have a classic and timeless sensibility, just like Anne Hathaway. It's possible to find a diamond in a size and quality to fit almost any budget. Also, you now have so many options for your band, including brushed, polished and milgrain edging.
- Pave diamonds on the band can make a big statement: The modern elegance of many small diamonds sitting closely together covering a narrow platinum band is capturing the imaginations of celebrities like Reese Witherspoon, by providing an extra ring of scintillation and sparkle. Since a full circle of pave diamonds typically costs a fraction of a single center diamond, you can dazzle without paying a hefty price tag! Additionally, platinum will never fade or change color, which means the diamonds will always look their brightest.
- Choose colored gemstones: Blue sapphires made a huge resurgence recently, thanks to Kate Middleton, Penelope Cruz, Liz Hurley and Carey Mulligan. Colored stones have a vintage and heirloom quality, which make them appear pricier, but in reality they can be much less expensive than diamonds. Colored gems are also a romantic way to personalize a ring, using the birthstone of the bride or groom, or the month that you met. The benefit of setting a colored gem in platinum is that since the gems are valued because of their specific color, and because platinum is a naturally white metal, the setting won't cast any color into it, allowing the beauty and color to be true and untainted. Plus, the ring will look just as beautiful in 100 years, so you are essentially customizing an heirloom piece of jewelry for generations to come.
About Platinum Guild International (PGI):
Platinum Guild International is dedicated to promoting platinum and its pure, rare and eternal qualities to the consumer and the jewelry trade. PGI has offices in each of the world's major jewelry markets, providing information, assistance and education on all aspects of platinum jewelry.
To view photos of the latest engagement ring styles in a variety of price points, visit www.preciousplatinum.com/engagementrings
SOURCE Platinum Guild International USA
More by this Source
World's Biggest Movie Stars Wear Platinum Jewelry To The 86th Annual Academy Awards
Mar 02, 2014, 22:22 ET
Accessorizing For New Year's Eve Parties
Dec 26, 2013, 08:12 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.