Pluribus ONVL enables users to create agile fabrics with critically important embedded visibility. When coupled with Dell's line of high-performance open switches, ONVL offers the networking industry a leadership switching solution, eliminating the cumbersome and proprietary attributes of traditional network choices. Key benefits of deploying ONVL on Dell switches include:
- Elimination of a one-vendor, end-to-end locked-in topology - by using standard networking protocols and enabling complete compatibility with existing infrastructure devices
- Support for VMware vSphere - which allows all VMware host, interface, state and virtual machine information to be mapped to the Pluribus VCF infrastructure to enable unified analytics
- Support for the industry's most popular automation layers from Ansible and Puppet - to enable switches to have their software updated, routing protocols (such as BGP) configured and even the switches themselves rebooted
- Embedded visibility - providing complete insight to flows and packets concurrent with automated fabric services
- Distributed control plane - eliminating scale and performance issues as well as reducing the risk associated with single point of failures found in centralized control topologies
- Simplified operations - with one-touch provisioning of resources. Virtual networks can be provisioned with the touch of a button, enabling IT to quickly respond to changing business conditions
- Rapid convergence - as network elements change, reducing delays by up to 90 percent in heavily virtualized environments
- Unifies physical and virtual environments - across both public and private cloud deployments
Forward-looking organizations look to high performance open switches to better support modern applications, including big data, virtualization, converged infrastructure and Virtual-Desktop Infrastructures. When coupled with open switches from Dell, Pluribus ONLV enhances these organization's ability to respond to changing business conditions rapidly, and provides a level of visibility and security that has previously been unattainable due to shear cost and overwhelming complexity. Additionally, organizations of all sizes can realize dramatically reduced networking economics without sacrificing functionality or performance. According to a recent research paper by analyst firm Gartner, although the most obvious benefits of brite-box switching are cost savings and simplified acquisition, these are not the only benefits. In fact, one of the most important benefits cited by early adopters of this technology is improved management.(1)
Industry-standard management of an ONVL environment makes its debut in version 2.4.1 with support for Puppet and Ansible, the industry's most popular cloud automation tools. This new capability enables switches powered by ONVL 2.4.1 or later to participate in these industry standard systems management approaches. All aspects of the operation and management of these switches can be manipulated, including operational status of the switch itself, configuration of network and routing parameters including LAG, vLAG, VLAN, Port Configuration, vRouters, VRRP, BGP, and OSPF.
Pluribus Networks' ONVL V2.4.1 for Dell is available now through Dell or any of its channel partners.
For more details, visit http://www.pluribusnetworks.com/dell
About Pluribus Networks
Pluribus Networks provides data center solutions that allow your business to run unconstrained. Our software-defined, open networking, fabric-based solutions transform existing network infrastructures into flexible and strategic assets fully aligned with today's digital business needs. Our Virtualization-Centric Fabric (VCF™) architecture provides unprecedented insight, agility and security to customers seeking to simplify operations, run more cost effectively and bring new applications online faster. Find us on the web at pluribusnetworks.com and @pluribusnet.
(1) Gartner report "The Future of Data Center Network Switches Look 'Brite, Andrew Lerner, Joe Skorupa, Refreshed: 06 April 2016 | Published: 01 December 2014'"
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160829/402340LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pluribus-networks-demonstrates-its-open-virtualization-centric-fabric-running-on-dells-open-switch-portfolio-300319656.html
SOURCE Pluribus Networks