LEXINGTON, Ky., June 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- PNC Bank, N.A., a member of The PNC Financial Services Group (NYSE: PNC), and JMI Sports announced today that PNC will become the official bank of the University of Kentucky (UK). Expanding its longstanding relationship with the University of Kentucky, under the new 15-year agreement PNC will provide student and workplace banking, as well as financial literacy programs, for more than 50,000 UK students, faculty and staff. JMI Sports is the campus multi-media rights partner for the University of Kentucky.
Highlights of the agreement include:
- A University of Kentucky Student Center (scheduled to open in January 2018) electronic financial services office, staffed by PNC personnel to assist PNC customers with completing transactions and equipped with technology to educate them about various PNC products and services.
- Seven ATMs throughout the University of Kentucky's main campus. Up to three ATMs will be DepositEasySM, which allow students, faculty and staff to withdraw cash, including $1 bills, cash checks and deposit checks or cash directly into their accounts.
- Access to PNC deposit products and services, including Virtual Wallet® Student accounts for University of Kentucky students. These features include tools to help students monitor spending, view account balances and avoid account-management mistakes.
- A co-branded PNC debit card available to all PNC deposit account holders.
- The capability for PNC account holders to link their account to their WildCard ID, which can be used to conveniently access cash at all PNC ATMs.
- A co-branded website, hosted by PNC Bank, where students can complete account applications, manage their finances and find financial and educational information.
- Financial and consulting support for the UK MoneyCATS Peer Education & Coaching Program and on-site workshops on personal financial management and financial literacy. Topics include basic banking, credit management, savings and investing, identity protection and home buying.
"We have partnered with PNC Bank on a number of initiatives over many years at the University of Kentucky and are excited about this partnership with them," said Eric N. Monday, UK's executive vice president for finance and administration. "This new and expanded relationship – coordinated through our multi-media partner JMI – will produce substantive benefits for our campus community as well as an exciting financial literacy educational component for our students. We believe it's a relationship that will benefit everyone involved."
"Financial education is crucial to a student's future, and PNC is committed to helping create educated consumers," said John L. Gohmann, PNC regional president for Lexington. "This new relationship will allow students to make smart and responsible banking decisions, with PNC tools and knowledge to achieve long-term fiscal success."
PNC has relationships with more than 400 schools across 19 states and the District of Columbia.
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. is one of the largest diversified financial services institutions in the United States, organized around its customers and communities for strong relationships and local delivery of retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. For more information about PNC, visit www.pnc.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pnc-bank-named-official-bank-of-the-university-of-kentucky-300280604.html
SOURCE PNC Bank