PNC Commemorates Hispanic Heritage Month - Events in 17 cities mark PNC's commitment to diversity and inclusion -
PITTSBURGH, Sept. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The PNC Financial Services Group (NYSE: PNC) joins the nation in honoring Hispanic Heritage Month from Sept. 15-Oct. 15, with sponsored programs and events planned in Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Durham, N.C., Indianapolis, Lexington, Ky., Mercer County, N.J., Newark, N.J., Orlando, Fla., Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Raleigh, N.C., Tampa, Fla. and Washington, D.C.
"By recognizing Hispanic Heritage Month in ways that reflect and resonate with the communities we serve, we are one step closer to creating a more inclusive environment," said Marsha Jones, chief diversity officer, PNC. "This year we celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with more events than ever before."
Event highlights include:
- The Festival Latino de Lexington on Sept. 14 and 15.
- Fiesta Indianapolis on Sept. 15, and El Grito, a celebration of the Mexican Independence Day, also on Sept. 15.
- An annual Hispanic Heritage Luncheon event for invited guests with the North Carolina Hispanic Chamber of Commerce on Sept. 19 in Raleigh, N.C.
- The 2012 Puerto Rican Festival Awards Gala on Sept. 22 in Philadelphia.
- A reception for invited guests with the Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce on Sept. 26 in Washington, D.C.
- The Durham Latino Festival on Sept. 29, featuring live music, food and more.
- The National Society of Hispanic MBAs Annual Conference and Career Expo in Orlando, Fla., Oct. 4-6.
- ALPFA Pittsburgh's Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration on Oct. 10.
- The Sixth Annual Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration in conjunction with the Baltimore Mayor's Office at the Walters Art Museum on Oct. 11.
- A business event with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Tampa Bay and the Tampa Tribune on Oct. 11.
- A series of events in Chicago including a Hispanic Business breakfast with the Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce on Oct. 11.
- A reception for invited guests, including local Hispanic business leaders on Oct. 16 in Cleveland.
- The Third Annual Latin American Food and Wine Festival on Oct. 18 in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- A networking event for invited guests in conjunction with the Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and ALPFA New Jersey Chapter on Oct. 18 in Newark, N.J.
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (www.pnc.com) is one of the nation's largest diversified financial services organizations providing retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. Follow @PNCNews on Twitter for breaking news, updates and announcements from PNC.
SOURCE PNC Financial Services Group