ST JULIAN'S, Malta, September 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
PokerListings.com - the brains behind the second annual Battle of Malta - today released the names of several competitors in this year's tournament, to be held Sept 26 - 29 at the Portomaso Casino on the beautiful mediterranean island of Malta. The list includes some of the most respected players in the game, plus stars from MTV and the movie industry. So whether it's the poker tables or the party scene, there promises to be something for everyone at the 2013 Battle of Malta - the most player-friendly, fun and social poker event of the year!
Battle of Malta 2013 Line-Up
The following poker professionals and personalities will all be looking for a share of the minimum €200,000 guaranteed prize pool at the Battle of Malta. Participants include:
- Daniel Cates - The infamous 'Jungleman12'. One of the fastest rising stars the game has ever seen.
- Kara Scott - TV personality, journalist and official Battle of Malta host.
- Max Altergott - Winner of the super high roller event at EPT Monte Carlo back in May of this year.
- Johannes Strassmann - Germany's Strassman is one of the most succesful online and live event players in Europe.
- Ashton Griffin - Cash game specialist and big-time money earner in the world of online poker.
- Pierre Neuville - Belgium's finest. Qualified for 18 EPTs in-a-row. Ranked high on the all time EPT leaderboard.
- Luca Moschitta - Youngest ever Team PokerStars member. Winner of IPT Saint Vincent event in Feb 2013.
- Andreas Hoivold - Norwegian poker professional. Has cashed-in three times at the World Series of Poker.
- Colette Doherty - Two-time Irish Open winner. Colette holds the distinction of being the first ever female to compete at the WSOP.
- Giovanni Rizzo - One of the most popular and best known Italian poker players and soon-to-be Mr. Kara Scott.
- Ken Lenaárd - Sweden's top poker blogger. Has three WSOP final table finishes under his belt. Also known as Mr. Poker.
- Sam Holden - Poker prodigy and member of Team888Poker. Finished 9th in the 2011 WSOP Main Event.
- Naoya Kihara - First and only Japanese player to win a WSOP bracelet. Leader of Japan's poker boom.
- Jan Peter Jachtman - German journalist. Won over $600k in the 2012 World Series of Poker, picking up a bracelet at Pot Limit Omaha.
- Ferdinando Lo Cascio - Italian pro and member of Team Pro Titanbet. Seven money finishes in the last 18 months.
- Michael Zanzuri - Titanbet teammate of Lo Cascio and regular fixture on the Italian poker scene.
- The Dudesons - Stars of MTV and Finland's answer to stunt-crew Jackass. "Four dudes from the Arctic Circle"
- Puma Swede - World famous adult star, model and author of the bestselling book "My Life as a Pornstar"
- Sasha Daygame - Pick-up artist extraordinaire, introduced to the art of attraction by PUA trailblazer 'Mystery' in the 1990s.
The remainder of the 500+ field will consist of prize package winners from sites such as 888Poker and PartyPoker, plus players and poker fanatics from all over the globe. Battle of Malta 2013 also accepts walk-ins at the Portomaso Casino in St. Julian's Malta on the first day of play for the price of the buy-in (€550)
For full information on the 2013 Battle of Malta, please visit:
More About The Battle of Malta
The Battle of Malta is a No Limit Texas Hold'em poker tournament with a re-entry format set in the Portomaso Casino, Malta with €200,000 Guaranteed. Battle of Malta is focused on providing an exceptional poker experience alongside with top of the line hosting, in an affordable price range, designed for the casual player. It is a poker holiday that aims to bring the poker community together in the friendliest environment of the industry. The Battle of Malta staff is composed by Tournament Directors Association certified members, poker professionals and staff from all around the world that believe in the integrity of the skill game that we all love. 349 attended the first edition of Battle of Malta, exceeding the guarantee of €150,000. The heads-up final consisted of Italian Giulio Astarita and Niccodemo Piccolo, the latter won the tournament taking home €35,000.
PokerListings.com (http://www.pokerlistings.com) has been the #1 free online poker resource for beginner and intermediate poker players since shortly after its launch in 2003. With over 500 strategy articles, in-depth reviews of every major poker site and exclusive bonuses and freerolls for PokerListings sign-ups (over $6.5 million paid out since 2005 alone), PokerListings has literally brought hundreds of thousands of new players into the poker world. Also providing live tournament coverage, original video series, daily poker news in 11 languages, blogs, poker tools and more, PokerListings is one of the most visited international brands online.