LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Outdoor workouts are picking up as temperatures and hemlines rise and vivid color palettes burst off the runways and onto the sidewalk in style. Tying into the colorful trends, Polar (www.polarusa.com), the leader in heart rate and fitness assessment technology, today unveils an array of eye-catching new hues in its lineup of smart coaching training tools.
"People are used to ending a workout and immediately changing from 'exercise' into 'everyday' apparel, but with the sleek shapes and assortment of colors now available, we're proud to see Polar products on wrists in and out of the gym," said Herb Baer, President, Polar USA. "The new colors complement each user's individual style, just as our smart coaching tools are personalized to help people reach whatever goal they have in mind."
New in Get Active:
- FT4 Blue ($99.95) – Users will feel anything but blue as they rock this bright, compact training tool, which injects the perfect pop of color and motivation – whether rocking out in a Zumba class or going through everyday life in the office or out on the town. The FT4 keeps training simple by clearly displaying heart rate and calories burned, as well as keeping style forefront.
New in Improve Fitness:
- FT60 Lilac ($219.95) – Spotted as one of the go-to color trends from Fashion Week, this lilac-purple shade is the preferred accompaniment for the fashion- and fitness-conscious. The FT60 also offers the personalized STAR training program, which guides users with optimal intensity, calorie and time targets.
- RC3 GPS Red / Orange ($299.95) – This fiery option is second-to-none in aesthetic impact and in terms of the essential training features it packs into its sleek, all-in-one package. These include integrated GPS to track the user's route, speed and distance, altitude measurement, Training Benefit, Running Index, a rechargeable battery and more.
New in Maximize Performance:
- RC3 GPS TDF ($349.95) – To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Tour de France in style, the limited edition RC3 GPS Tour de France edition offers all the benefits of the RC3 GPS in the legendary yellow color of the Tour de France jersey. This sunny standout is the official training device of riders from teams FDJ, Argos-Shimano and Euskaltel-Euskadi, whose roster includes Nacer Bouhanni, Marcel Kittel and Samuel Sanchez. It also is available with cycling accessories, including the CS cadence sensor W.I.N.D. and a universal bike mount.
Full Assortment of Polar Colors Available – Downloadable PDF:
- In addition to the newest colors released, Polar products come in a range of shades equipped with training features for aspiring exercisers, all the way up to elite athletes. Please click here for the full listing of Polar products, arranged by color.
The new lineup of colors is available now through authorized Polar USA retail and specialty shops, online, and in select fitness facilities.
Headquartered in Lake Success, NY, Polar USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Finland-based Polar Electro OY, which invented the first wireless heart rate monitor (HRM) in 1977. Polar now operates internationally in more than 80 countries and its products are sold through 35,000 retailers globally. Polar heart rate and fitness assessment technology delivers unparalleled insight into the human body from valuable training guidance and feedback, to enabling individuals to improve their fitness level and sports performance. Polar technology is key to the success of leading fitness facilities, athletic teams, corporate wellness facilities, health insurance providers and thousands of physical education programs around the world. Today, Polar training computers are the number one choice among consumers worldwide. For more information, visit www.polarusa.com.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Polar USA