Polk Primed to Provide Insight, Discuss Aftermarket Trends in the Industry at AAPEX 2013 Five Trends in Five Minutes to Kick off AAIA Town Hall and Headline a Full-Slate of Polk Executive Presentations
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Polk, the global automotive market intelligence firm recently acquired by IHS (NYSE: IHS), will share key aftermarket insight during a variety of events at this year's Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) Nov. 5-7, 2013 in Las Vegas.
As part of Polk's initiative to showcase its latest comprehensive suite of products and solutions for the commercial and light vehicle aftermarket, Polk will be involved in the following activities:
- AAIA Town Hall Meeting: Mark Seng, vice president aftermarket and commercial vehicle and global aftermarket practice leader at Polk, will kick-off the annual AAIA Town Hall meeting with Polk's annual perspective on five key trends affecting the automotive aftermarket over the next few years. His presentation will take place Wed., Nov. 6 at 7 a.m. in the Venetian Ballroom of the Venetian Hotel.
- "Learning Forum" Presentation: Seng will provide deeper analysis into the five key trends and how they are affecting business in the U.S. aftermarket industry. Seng's presentation will be held during the 2013 Learning Forum on Wed., Nov. 6, from 11:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Marco Polo Rooms 701-707 at the Venetian Hotel, Venetian/Palazzo Congress Center Level 1.
- Press Conference: Polk will be hosting a press conference for members of the media on Tues., Nov. 5, from 9-9:30 a.m. in the Sands Expo Center Press Room, #304. WorldView, Polk's newest solution for the commercial and light vehicle aftermarket, will be highlighted during Seng's remarks.
- Exhibit Highlights: Polk's suite of aftermarket solutions, including its newest product Polk WorldView, for the passenger and commercial aftermarket, will be featured at its booth for the duration of the Show, Booth #4634 at the Sands Expo Center Nov. 5-7.
- WorldView is the company's newest solution, offering the world's largest and most complete resource for vehicles in operation and original equipment parts intelligence. It is the industry's first comprehensive solution of this nature, integrating several previously independent products from Polk into one global solution. The WorldView platform is the world's only solution to integrate Polk's Vehicles in Operation (VIO) data from 50 countries, forecasted vehicle population information and European original equipment (OE) parts research to enable clients to access a host of decision support information.
"AAPEX and AAIA continue to provide Polk with an excellent venue to communicate with customers and showcase our industry insights with 'hands-on' opportunities for our customers and prospects," said Seng. "We are looking forward to sharing our most recent aftermarket solutions and trend insight with industry leaders and business decision makers in Las Vegas in November."
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs approximately 8,000 people in 31 countries around the world. For more information, please visit www.ihs.com.
Polk is the premier provider of automotive information and marketing solutions. The organization collects and interprets global data, and provides extensive automotive business expertise to help customers understand their market position, identify trends, build brand loyalty, conquest new business and gain a competitive advantage. Polk helps automotive manufacturers and dealers, automotive aftermarket companies, finance and insurance companies, advertising agencies, media companies, consulting organizations, government agencies and market research firms make good business decisions. Polk is based in Southfield, Michigan with operations in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. For more information, please visit www.polk.com.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.