FREMONT, Calif., Aug. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- GammaTech, a major international manufacturer and supplier of innovative rugged notebooks and tablet computers, announced that it has made some significant updates to its popular multi-use DURABOOK SA14 rugged notebook computer. One area, however, that remains the same, the company stated, is the SA14's built-tough rugged design that has long been synonymous with the DURABOOK name.
Included in the updates are: a choice from four Intel 6th generation Skylake turbo processors; a graphics package featuring Intel HD Graphics 520; greater system memory; enhanced wireless/communications capability; added interface options; the inclusion of Microsoft Windows 10 operating system; and a longer warranty period.
"GammaTech is always looking for ways to update our products to better meet our customers' needs and requests, and to keep them current in today's market," commented Tom Wang, GammaTech president. "These advancements to the DURABOOK SA14 provide it with the latest technology and components, making it an ideal notebook solution for years to come in a variety of rugged applications, such as field service, public safety, and government."
Intel 6th Generation Skylake Processors
The DURABOOK SA14 rugged notebook offers users their choice of Intel's 6th generation Skylake turbo processor. It comes standard with i5-6200U turbo. Options include:Skylake i5-6300U turbo with vPro, Skylake i7-6500U turbo, and Skylake i7-6600U turbo vPro. Intel vPro provides multifactor authentication identity protection that allows managed-IT environments to protect workforce credentials by verifying identities using a combination of up to three factors at the same time.
Intel® HD Graphics 520
This new graphics package, designed specifically for Intel Skylake processors, enhances visual computing, does not require an add-in card, and offers faster frame times, low energy use, and superior image quality. Also available is an optional AMD MXM module with dedicated 2GB graphics (either ODD or MXM).
Other updates to the DURABOOK SA14 rugged notebook include:
- Greater system memory with two 204-pin DDR4 SODIMM sockets each for 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB;
- Enhanced wireless/communications capability with an integrated GB Ethernet and optional 2nd LAN; Intel® 8260 AC and Bluetooth 4.2 combo; optional Gobi5000 LTE - support Verizon, AT&T 4G LTE; and optional GPS module with built-in GPS antenna;
- More interface options: one USB 3.0 connector, one USB3.0/eSATA combo connector, two USB 2.0 connectors, two RJ-45, one headphone /mic-in jack, one 15-pin D-sub VGA out, one 19-pin Type A HDMI, one 9-pin D-sub RS232 serial port, dual RF pass-thru connectors, docking connector
- Optimized Windows 10 operating system;
- Longer three-year warranty.
Other features found on the rugged SA14 notebook remain the same. These include:
- DURABOOK toughness:
- Meets or surpasses MIL-STD-810G for drop and vibration resistance
- Meets IP5X for dust and water resistance
- 14.0" HD (1366 x 768) TFT LCD with optional resistive touchscreen sunlight readable panel
- Special stealth mode with optional night-vision mode setting
- 2.5" 9.5mm SATA HDD storage with exclusive HDD quick-release feature and optional M-SATA SSD as the main storage
- Internal optical drive for: DVD super multi drive (DVD-R/CD-RW/DVD-RW/DVD+RW/DL/DVD-RAM)
- 2.0MP webcam
- Standard Smartcard reader and SD memory card reader expansion slots with optional PCMCIA or Expresscard 54
- Standard battery: Standard Li-ion 9-cell (7800mAH) Smart Battery Pack offering 8 to 9 hours of life, depending on configuration; optional hot-swappable Li-ion 6-cell 5200 mAh second battery pack for 9-12 hours of battery life with both packs; 100V-240V AC power input
- Security features: Intel® vPro™, Computrace® ready, Smartcard reader, TPM2.0, Kensington lock, Nist bios ready, fingerprint option available
The DURABOOK rugged SA14 notebook is suitable for any mobile application that is subject to constant movement, bumpy rides, or use in damp or dusty areas where real-time information and updating is crucial. With optional office and vehicle docks, the SA14 provides ultimate versatility and portability, and is especially suitable for the following:
- Field service – Both commercial and residential sectors rely on field-service personnel to service and maintain the nation's infrastructure. The DURABOOK SA14 gives field engineers the information they need while its wireless connectivity capabilities increase productivity and efficiency with their peers back in the office. With 2 battery packs, DURABOOK can sustain to up to 12 hours, fulfilling field service professionals' need for longer battery life.
- Public safety personnel – The SA14 is built tough to ensure the reliability and performance so vital to this sector in safely accomplishing their jobs to serve and protect. Built to operate in environments that commercial notebooks can't survive, the unit's superior wireless connectivity keeps users in contact with headquarters and dispatchers. Public Safety professionals need to read information under direct sunlight, and DURABOOK offers optional 500 nits brightness touch Sunlight Readable panel.
- Government – The SA14 notebook is a rugged high-performance mobile computer solution that meets stringent application requirements without compromising functionality and flexibility. As with most DURABOOK products, it is eligible for GSA pricing. Government professions also need "information security and confidentiality", DURABOOK offers Intel® vPro™, Computrace®, TPM2.0, Kensington Lock, Nist Bios and optional Biometric Fingerprint scanner.
The rugged DURABOOK SA14 notebook is available through authorized resellers nationwide as well as online at GammaTech website. As with all DURABOOK products, the SA14 may be customized to customer specifications.
About GammaTech Computer Corporation
GammaTech Computer Corporation is a leader in the design, manufacture and sales of cost-effective, high-performance mobile computing solutions throughout North America. Its award-winning DURABOOK line of rugged and hardened notebook and tablet computers are designed and built-to-order to increase mobile productivity for business, government, healthcare, fire, public safety and a host of other entities. GammaTech offers a complete portfolio of products that delivers power and performance needed in the most demanding work environments, resulting in increased productivity and accelerated return on investment. GammaTech is headquartered in Fremont, California, which provides the final assembly, inventory, service and technical support. For more information, visit GammaTech at www.GammaTechUSA.com.
All products/services and trademarks mentioned in this release are the properties of their respective companies.
©2016 GammaTech Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/popular-durabook-sa14-rugged-notebook-receives-several-updates-300317167.html
SOURCE GammaTech Computer Corporation