NEW YORK, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Porsche is celebrating the 50th anniversary of its iconic 911 model at the New York Auto Show with the North American debut of the 2014 911 GT3.
On the show's first press day, Wednesday, March 27, Porsche will hold a press conference to unveil the new vehicle at 3:40 p.m. Special guests will include:
- Detlev von Platen, president and CEO, Porsche Cars North America
- Michael Bartsch, executive vice president and COO, Porsche Cars North America
- Andreas Preuninger, chief engineer, 911 GT3
- The New York Auto Show is significant for Porsche, as the U.S. continues to be the automaker's largest market.
- Last year, 35,043 new Porsche vehicles were sold in the U.S., representing a 21 percent increase over 2012.
- To date, Porsche Cars North America's 2013 sales are up 31 percent over the same period last year.
To learn more about Porsche at the New York Auto Show and the 2014 911 GT3, visit http://press.porsche.com/newyork.
About Porsche Cars North America
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), based in Atlanta, Ga. is the exclusive U.S. importer of Porsche sports cars, the Cayenne SUV and Panamera sports sedan. Established in 1984, it is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Porsche AG, which is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, and employs approximately 220 people who provide parts, service, marketing and training for 190 dealers. They, in turn, work to provide Porsche customers with a best-in-class experience that is in keeping with the brand's 63-year history and leadership in the advancement of vehicle performance, safety and efficiency.
At the core of this success is Porsche's proud racing heritage that boasts some 30,000 motorsport wins to date.
For Porsche apps: http://www.porsche.com/usa/entertainment/apps/
SOURCE Porsche Cars North America, Inc.