Port-O-Pong sets landmarks in the world of beer pong
A small start-up has changed the world of beer pong gaming forever!
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Port-O-Pong, the world's first and largest-selling inflatable beer pong table that can be used in the water, is setting new benchmarks in the beer pong innovation world!
At the start of the summer, the Port-O-Pong table set a astonishing world record in Las Vegas, NV, by taking over the title of, "Most Amount Of People To Play Beer Pong In A Pool At Once", when they hosted a water beer pong event with their innovation at The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino with countless celebrities and vacationers.
After setting the world record, enthusiastic Port-O-Pong fans globally started a new trend called "PORTOPONGING", in which individuals would lie face-down on the inflatable beer pong table in random locations such as elevators, gyms, washrooms, cars, etc.; The trend was a viral hit, with fans posting photos with their beer pong tables from places around the world including Australia and Germany.
Jerry Piscitelli, a co-inventor / founder of the Port-O-Pong table says, "This summer rocked! From a small startup company to a world record holder - there is nothing like it, and with amazing support from friends, family, fans, and customers, I can't wait to see what we do next for PORT-O-PONG... Maybe we will be the first company to send a beer pong table into space?!"
Now with the NFL and college football seasons starting, Port-O-Pong tables have already invaded tailgating parties and campuses across the nation, with tables already being placed on back-order in some locations due to popular demand (the product will be back in stock on 9/25).
Sal Laudano, the other co-inventor / founder of the Port-O-Pong table explains, "Over the past 5 years we have had some great summers, but this by far has been our best! As our record breaking summer comes to a close, we welcome all our new friends to the Porto-Family, and look forward to expanding the family in the years to come."
Fun Port-O-Pong beer pong statistics:
- According to 2011/2012 sales report, New Jersey is ranked as the number one place where people purchase and play water beer pong, with Texas and Florida coming in a close second and third.
- Residents of California post (via Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) the most photos of themselves playing beer pong in the water
- More females purchase beer pong tables than males in the United States
- Besides beer, vodka, wine and pool water are the second, third and forth most used liquid found during a game of Port-O-Pong
- Port-O-Pong fans when polled, suggested that they would most like to try playing a game of beer pong in a pool with television host Jimmy Fallon, actor Will Ferrell or model Kate Upton.
ABOUT PORT-O-PONG (www.portopong.com)
Port-O-Pong is a company formed by two friends who noticed a need for high-quality and complete portability in the world of beer pong. Since its inception in 2007, Port-O-Pong has helped to transform the portable gaming world of beer pong.
For media inquiries contact: Zack Teperman - Lexicon Public Relations - firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Lexicon Public Relations