SAN JOSE, Calif., May 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ignition Design Labs today announced the launch of Portal, a radically new consumer WiFi router, meticulously designed to thrive in today's increasingly congested environments to give consumers superior speed, coverage and reliability. As the number of consumers and homes with connected devices skyrockets, bandwidth-hungry applications such as HD video streaming, real-time gaming, video chat and WiFi calling are causing a slow and unreliable network. Unlike other consumer routers, Portal is engineered to outperform in congested WiFi environments, improving users' daily wireless Internet experiences.
Visit here to be one of the first to get a Portal device.
In crowded settings, such as multi-unit apartments, dorms and small businesses, Portal performs up to 300 times faster than a conventional consumer router and delivers three times lower latency. It uses congestion management technologies to access additional airwaves, also known as spectrum. Portal's patent-pending technologies received special FCC certification to operate in the entire 5GHz spectrum, unlike other consumer routers.
"Ninety-eight percent of WiFi routers on the market today use less than 35 percent of the available spectrum," said Terry Ngo, CEO and Co-founder of Ignition Design Labs. "Our engineers created Portal to fundamentally redefine the consumer WiFi experience. We give you three times more spectrum for faster video downloads, elimination of buffering issues and an improved overall Internet experience."
This leap in technology earned Portal two Best of Show awards and other industry accolades at CES 2016.
"Speed, agility and power are only part of our formula for delivering an amazing wireless Internet experience," said Seung Baek Yi, Vice President of Technology and Co-founder of Ignition Design Labs. "Our engineers also spent a lot of time making Portal secure, simple to set up, easy to use and reliable."
Portal's advanced technologies are built around powerful hardware and a sleek, elegant design. Inside the smooth, aerodynamic body are 10 state-of-the art radios, strong external power amplifiers and nine conformal antennas that deliver impressive range and coverage. The no-compromise design goes further to include five Gigabit Ethernet, two USB ports and an optional Web GUI configuration page to satisfy even the most expert users.
Additional Portal Features
- FastLanes – Wideband DFS Spectrum access for maximum performance in real life, congested environments
- SmartLanes – Dynamic channel steering, always stay in the fastest lanes
- ClearLanes – Active traffic and interference monitoring
- 7 Operating Bands – Including full-band UNII-2 DFS
- Portal Mobile App – Smart device-based management and security
- Rolling Code Secure Guest Network – Supports multiple simultaneous guests with simple mobile app-based access requests
- Flexibility – Control Portal using simple standard mode (app-based) or advanced mode (web GUI-based) to satisfy both normal and expert users
- Adaptive Smart Mesh – An advanced mesh technology developed for enterprise and military networks. Layer 2 adaptation avoids interference and latency issues inherent in less sophisticated consumer mesh solutions. For extra-large homes you can set up two or more Portals together for extended range and coverage
- Parental Control – App-based parental control that can be managed from anywhere in the world
- Active Intrusion Detection and Smart Lock-Out – Prevents unauthorized access to your network and router settings
- Wave-2 802.11ac with Multi-User MIMO (Multi-Input Multi-Output)
- AC2400 Concurrent Dual-Band – Quad-stream 5GHz and Triple-stream 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth Smart – Easy one touch app set up with advanced security
Pricing and Availability
The Portal introductory price is $149. To purchase and receive Portal by late summer, visit here.
About Ignition Design Labs
Silicon Valley-based Ignition Design Labs is a veteran team of wireless networking engineers developing radically new technologies at the heart of the next generation Internet of Things. Its flagship product, Portal, is an entirely new class of agile smart-learning router designed for demanding WiFi environments. For more information, visit getportal.io.
Ignition Design Labs, Portal, SmartLanes, FastLanes and ClearLanes are pending registered trademarks of Ignition Design Labs, Inc. All other registered or unregistered trademarks are sole property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/portal--worlds-first-turbocharged-router-to-deliver-maximum-wifi-experience-300264666.html
SOURCE Ignition Design Labs