NEW YORK, June 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Global communications leader Porter Novelli announced that the agency won a total of five 2012 SABRE Awards for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, with Apex Porter Novelli of Kenya winning the coveted Platinum Award for Best PR Program of the Year. Porter Novelli also was named the Best Multinational PR Consultancy to Work for in EMEA for the second consecutive year, and the third time in six years.
The SABRE Awards, which recognize Superior Achievement in Branding and Reputation, are presented by The Holmes Group, a leading global public relations publishing operation, and were recently announced at a ceremony in Brussels, Belgium.
"I am delighted that Apex Porter Novelli took the top prize of the night for its work with Unilever Kenya," said Gary Stockman, CEO, Porter Novelli. "The 'School of 5 Hand Washing Campaign' delivered extraordinary results in increasing the frequency of hand washing and educating the community on the direct connection between hand washing and improved health and hygiene.
"On top of our network's campaign wins, we are honored to be named the top multinational agency network across EMEA for the second consecutive year," Stockman continued. "This award confirms that we can make the most transformative impact for our clients when our colleagues are encouraged to thrive and are given the tools and the opportunity to think big, act big and provoke the change the client needs. I applaud our leadership across EMEA for putting those principles into action and giving our staff the opportunity to truly be their best."
- Apex Porter Novelli of Kenya took home the Platinum SABRE Award for the EMEA region's best public relations program of 2011, on behalf of its cause-related and public education effort, the "Lifebuoy School of 5 Hand Washing Campaign" for Unilever Kenya.
- Apex Porter Novelli (Kenya) for the "Lifebuoy School of 5 Hand Washing Campaign" on behalf of Unilever Kenya, in the Africa geographic category.
- Porter Novelli (Netherlands) won for "JIJ & Provincie Overijssel," in the Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg (BENELUX) geographic category.
- Prat Porter Novelli (Sweden) won in the Marketing to Youth category for its "Durex Condom Tester Campaign" on behalf of Durex (Reckitt Benckiser).
- F&H Porter Novelli (Germany) for best press kit for Mattel, "Comeback of the Year: Ken."
About Porter Novelli
A global public relations leader, Porter Novelli was founded in 1972. In 90 offices in nearly 60 countries, Porter Novelli combines the power of immersion with the rigor of research to create deep human insights that enable the agency to transform the opinions, beliefs and behaviors of those who matter most to its clients. For additional information, please visit www.porternovelli.com. Porter Novelli is a part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.
About Diversified Agency Services
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom's holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
About Omnicom Group Inc. Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Contact: Catherine Sullivan Catherine.Sullivan@porternovelli.com 212-601-8315
SOURCE Porter Novelli