Portland IEEE Sustainability Conference Extends Deadline for Technical Papers
WASHINGTON, March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Organizers of the inaugural IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability (SusTech) have extended the abstract deadline to 30 March. Technical papers and posters are solicited in the following areas:
- Alternative Energy (e.g. solar, wind, tidal, fuel cells, energy harvesting, nuclear)
- Energy Efficiency (e.g. building design, auto electronics & fuel economy, computer farms, aviation
- Electric Vehicles (e.g. motors, drive controls, batteries, environmental & power distribution impacts)
- Smart Grid (e.g. communications, control, power electronics, energy storage)
- Electronic Materials (e.g. ROHS/no-Pb/CFCs, life-cycle assessment, global materials supply, nanotechnology & health/environment)
- Quality of Life (e.g. EM spectrum allocation, global warming, autonomous vehicles, water, medical electronics, global education & human resources)
To submit a two-page abstract by 30 March, go to www.ieee.org/sustech, select the "Conference" tab and follow the instructions. Authors will be notified if their abstracts have been accepted 15 April. The final paper deadline is 30 May.
Accepted papers will be published by IEEE and presented at SusTech '13 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland (Ore.), 1-2 August 2013. At least one author of an accepted paper is required to register for the event and pay the conference fee.
Papers and posters are solicited covering research, technologies, methodologies, tools and case studies. Topics with public policy implications are particularly welcome.
The United Nations defines sustainability as "the pursuit of environmentally sound development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the future." The conference is designed to explore the comprehensive nature of sustainability and emphasize the role of technology in achieving a sustainable lifestyle.
SusTech '13 is sponsored by IEEE-USA, IEEE Region 6 and the IEEE Oregon Section. It will be held in conjunction with the IEEE-USA Annual Meeting, 1-4 August.
IEEE-USA advances the public good and promotes the careers and public policy interests of more than 206,000 engineering, computing and technology professionals who are U.S. members of IEEE.
More by this Source
Early Registration for Carbon Management Technology Conference Ends Saturday
Sep 20, 2013, 09:30 ET
IEEE-USA & DuPont Will Lead 2014 U.S. Engineers Week Activities
Sep 19, 2013, 09:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.