Postal Service Board of Governors to Meet Nov. 15
CFO Briefing Follows Open Session Meeting
WASHINGTON, Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Board of Governors of the U.S. Postal Service will meet Nov. 15 in open session at Postal Service headquarters, 475 L'Enfant Plaza, SW, Washington, DC. The public is welcome to observe the meeting beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the Ben Franklin Room on the 11th floor. The Board is expected to discuss the following items:
- Minutes of the previous meetings
- Remarks of the Chairman of the Board
- Remarks of the Postmaster General and CEO
- Committee reports
- FY2012 10-K and financial statements
- FY2013 Integrated Financial Plan and financing resolution
- FY2014 appropriations request
- Quarterly report on service performance
- Approval of Annual Report to Congress and the Comprehensive Statement on Postal Operations
- Tentative agenda for the Dec. 11, 2012 meeting in Washington, DC
- Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors
Open session meetings of the Board of Governors are available on live audio webcasts at http://about.usps.com/news/electronic-press-kits/bog/welcome.htm. Three hours after the conclusion of the open session meeting, a recorded audio file will be available for listening. In compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, the audio webcast will be open-captioned.
Following the Board's open meeting on Nov. 15, Postmaster General & CEO Patrick Donahoe and Chief Financial Officer Joe Corbett will host a telephone/web conference call to discuss the financial results in more detail. The call will begin at 1 p.m. ET and is open to the news media and all other interested parties.
To attend by phone with audio only: dial 866-966-6305 (meeting ID: 2158541).
To attend the web conference and join with audio:
1) Browse to http://meetingplace4.usps.gov/join.asp?2158541
2) After the MeetingPlace window is open, click the Phone icon (under the Participant List or in the upper right-hand corner).
3) Click Connect Me, validate or update your phone number and click Connect Me again.
4) When the system calls you, press 1 to join.
The briefing will also be available on live audio webcast (listen only) at:
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
A self-supporting government enterprise, the U.S. Postal Service is the only delivery service that reaches every address in the nation — 151 million residences, businesses and Post Office™ Boxes. The Postal Service™ receives no tax dollars for operating expenses, and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations. With 32,000 retail locations and the most frequently visited website in the federal government, usps.com®, the Postal Service has annual revenue of more than $65 billion and delivers nearly 40 percent of the world's mail. If it were a private sector company, the U.S. Postal Service would rank 35th in the 2011 Fortune 500. In 2011, Oxford Strategic Consulting ranked the U.S. Postal Service number one in overall service performance of the posts in the top 20 wealthiest nations in the world. Black Enterprise and Hispanic Business magazines ranked the Postal Service as a leader in workforce diversity. The Postal Service has been named the Most Trusted Government Agency for six years and the sixth Most Trusted Business in the nation by the Ponemon Institute.
SOURCE U.S. Postal Service
More by this Source
Living Recipients Appear on World War II Medal of Honor Forever Stamp Sheet
Nov 11, 2013, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.