Power Home Remodeling Group Names June Second Annual 'Power Month' For Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation
Company embarks on month-long initiative to raise funds to help fight pediatric cancer
CHESTER, Pa., June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Power Home Remodeling Group, one of the nation's largest home remodeling companies, is holding its second annual company-wide "Power Month for Alex's" initiative throughout the month of June to support Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF), one of the leading foundations for pediatric cancer research. To help raise funds and complement ALSF's National Lemonade Days initiative in June, Power will host a series of events and fundraisers throughout the month within each of the eight markets it offers home improvement services. Since being named a national corporate sponsor for ALSF in April 2011, Power has raised more than $300,000 for the Foundation to date.
"We were incredibly proud to introduce our employees and customers to the ALSF mission during last year's 'Power Month for Alex's,' and we can't wait to reenergize them around this great cause again this June," says Corey Schiller, Power's chief executive officer. "Helping support ALSF's National Lemonade Days by devoting an entire month to the cause is a great opportunity for us to further engage with our employees and customers and help raise awareness of pediatric cancer by bringing Alex's incredible and courageous story into new communities across the country. Our employees will proudly distribute information about the Foundation to homeowners, take part in office lemonade stands, and coordinate 5K and golf outing events later this year to raise awareness of ALSF's mission."
Power Month for Alex's will kick off on Tuesday, June 4 with events at each of the company's eight regional offices featuring speakers to energize employees, such as Alex's Hero Families and pediatric cancer researchers who have worked directly with ALSF. Power's CEO Corey Schiller will welcome Liz Scott, Alex's mom and Co-Executive Director for ALSF at the company's headquarters in Chester, PA to personally address employees there and empower them to spread the Foundation's message through their various fundraising and awareness activities throughout Power Month and the remainder of the year.
In addition, the Power Month for Alex's initiative will include a variety of employee and customer components such as:
- Lemonade Stands – June 10 – 14, employees will host lemonade stands and lemon bake sales at all Power locations. During every weekend in June, employees will be encouraged to do the same at their homes and in their neighborhoods, while also asking friends and family to participate or host stands.
- CBS 3 Phone Bank – On June 6, more than 20 Power employees and executives will volunteer to man the phones at the seventh annual "Alex Scott: Stand for Hope Phone Bank," a day-long telethon broadcast live from the CBS 3 studio in Philadelphia.
- Power Night at PPL Park – On June 29, Power will host ALSF Hero Ambassador Families at the Power Suite at PPL Park for a fun-filled night of soccer to watch the Philadelphia Union take on D.C. United. Prior to the game, Power employees will host a lemonade stand on the stadium concourse.
- Yellow Tuesdays – Every Tuesday in June, employees in the office and out in the field will incorporate the color yellow into their office attire to generate discussion and awareness of Power Month for Alex's and the mission of ALSF. Employees in the field will also wear "Ask us about Alex!" buttons and share literature about ALSF at Power's tradeshow and retail booths throughout the month.
- CHOP Donation – In June, Power employees will volunteer and conduct arts and craft activities with patients at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, one of the recipients of funds raised through ALSF.
Liz Scott added, "We are so pleased to have the continuing support of Power Home Remodeling Group. Power has been dedicated to helping us find a cure for all kids with cancer since first coming on board, and their month-long campaign is only further evidence of their commitment to a cure."
To promote Power Month for Alex's and share fundraising updates with employees and customers, Power will also employ a number of online tactics, including accenting the Power website in yellow; sharing updates, photos and videos of employee efforts on the company Facebook and Twitter pages; and distributing a custom Power Month for Alex's e-newsletter to customers. For more information on Power Month for Alex's, please visit PowerHRG.com or AlexsLemonade.org.
About Power Home Remodeling Group
Family-owned since 1992, Power Home Remodeling Group is the nation's sixth largest home remodeling company with more than 1,200 employees and $170 million in sales. Headquartered in Chester, Pa., Power provides energy-saving and environmentally friendly exterior remodeling solutions to residents across the country, including Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington, DC. An Inc. 5000 company, Power has served more than 87,000 homeowners and is recognized as a home improvement leader by its two-time "Dealer of the Year" award from Window and Door Magazine and was named the top remodeler on Professional Remodeler's 2012 Market Leaders Philadelphia list. For more information please visit PowerHRG.com, or follow the company on Twitter @PowerHRG and Facebook at facebook.com/PowerHRG.
SOURCE Power Home Remodeling Group
More by this Source
Power Home Remodeling Group™ Earns Angie's List Super Service Award
Mar 31, 2014, 09:00 ET
Power Home Remodeling Group™ Named a Top Midsized Company in Philadelphia
Mar 27, 2014, 09:00 ET
Power Home Remodeling Names Home Improvement Sweepstakes Winners
Feb 14, 2014, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.