CHESTER, Pa., May 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Power Home Remodeling Group, the nation's third largest home remodeling company, is holding its third annual company-wide "Power Month for Alex's" initiative throughout the month of June to support Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF), a nonprofit dedicated to finding cures for all kids with cancer. To help raise funds and complement ALSF's National Lemonade Days initiative in June, Power will host a series of events and fundraisers throughout the month within each of the nine markets it offers home improvement services. Since being named a national corporate sponsor for ALSF in April 2011, Power has raised more than $350,000 for the Foundation to date.
"We are incredibly proud to raise awareness of ALSF among our employees and customers during Power Month for Alex's, and we can't wait to reenergize them around this great cause for the third year in a row," says Corey Schiller, Power's Chief Executive Officer. "By devoting an entire month to supporting the Foundation, our employees are able to truly live and breathe ALSF's mission and develop a personal connection with the cause."
Power Month for Alex's will kick off on Tuesday, June 3 with an event at the company's headquarters in Chester, PA featuring an address by an ALSF Hero Ambassador to inspire and energize employees around the ALSF mission. Power CEO Corey Schiller will also welcome Liz Scott, Alex's mom and Co-Executive Director for ALSF, to empower employees to spread the Foundation's message through various fundraising and awareness efforts throughout Power Month and beyond. All employees at the company's nine regional offices will receive a Power Month packet of information featuring an activity guide, ALSF collateral and a Power Month wristband to mark the start of the month-long initiative.
In addition, the Power Month for Alex's initiative will include a variety of employee and consumer components such as:
- CBS 3 Phone Bank – On June 5, 12 Power employees and executives will volunteer to man the phones at the eighth annual "Alex Scott: Stand for Hope Phone Bank," a day-long telethon broadcast live from the CBS 3 studio in Philadelphia. Power's CEO Corey Schiller will present a $50,000 donation to the Foundation in the 7 o'clock hour of the broadcast.
- Power Night at PPL Park – On June 7, Power will host as many as six ALSF Hero Ambassador Families at the Power Suite at PPL Park for a fun-filled night of soccer to watch the Philadelphia Union take on the Vancouver Whitecaps. Prior to the game, Power employees will host an Alex's Lemonade Stand on the stadium concourse.
- Power Lemonade Days – The week of June 9, employees will host Alex's Lemonade Stands and lemon bake sales at all Power locations. Employees will also be encouraged to do the same at their homes and in their neighborhoods during every weekend in June, while also asking friends and family to participate or host stands.
- Company-Wide Payroll Deduction – On June 13, Power employees will have the opportunity to make a donation to ALSF through a company-wide volunteer payroll deduction.
- Volunteering – On June 20, Power employees from each territory will volunteer time at local children's hospitals, spending valuable time with children and families affected by cancer.
- Yellow Tuesdays – Every Tuesday in June, employees in the office and out in the field will incorporate the color yellow into their office attire to generate discussion and awareness of Power Month for Alex's and the ALSF mission. Employees in the field will also wear "Ask us about Alex!" buttons and share literature about ALSF at Power's tradeshow and retail booths throughout the month.
Liz Scott added, "We are so pleased to have the continued support of Power Home Remodeling Group. Power has been dedicated to helping us find a cure for all kids with cancer since first coming on board, and their month-long campaign is only further evidence of their commitment to a cure."
To promote Power Month for Alex's and share fundraising updates with employees and customers, Power will also employ a number of online tactics, including accenting the Power website in yellow; sharing updates, photos and videos of employee efforts on the company Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages and offering ALSF merchandise for sale in the company's online store with proceeds going to the Foundation. For more information on Power Month for Alex's, please visit PowerHRG.com or AlexsLemonade.org.
About Power Home Remodeling Group
Family-owned since 1992, Power Home Remodeling Group is the nation's third largest exterior home remodeler with more than 1,350 employees and $245 million in sales in 2013. Headquartered in Chester, Pa., Power provides energy-saving and environmentally friendly exterior remodeling solutions to residents across the country, including Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Virginia. An Inc. 5000 company, Power has served more than 125,000 homeowners and is recognized as a home improvement leader by its two-time "Dealer of the Year" award from Window and Door Magazine and was named the top remodeler on Professional Remodeler's 2013 Market Leaders Philadelphia list. For more information please visit PowerHRG.com, or follow the company on Twitter @PowerHRG and Facebook at facebook.com/PowerHRG.
SOURCE Power Home Remodeling Group