POWER Magazine Announces Renewable Top Plant Award Winners
HOUSTON, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Each year, POWER magazine selects the most noteworthy renewable power plants worldwide to be designated Top Plants. Winning plants are profiled in the December issue, and awards are presented at a banquet the following May at the ELECTRIC POWER Conference & Exhibition. This year's award-winning renewable Top Plants are:
- Alamosa Solar Project, San Luis Valley, Colorado. Currently the largest concentrating photovoltaic (CPV) installation in the world, this pioneering plant is built for high performance and future flexibility. Industry watchers hope it will also pave the way for the financing of future CPV systems.
- Coca-Cola/Mas Energy Trigeneration Facility, Atlanta, Georgia. It's the first U.S. trigeneration plant fueled by landfill gas. And although it's fun to have bragging rights to such titles, the long-term energy cost reduction for this Coca-Cola plant is what makes it a winner for the long haul.
- Gujarat Solar Park, State of Gujarat, India. This renewable power development is on target to reach nearly 1 GW of capacity when it is completed next year. A major key to its success is providing shared common infrastructure for multiple projects and owners.
- Stillwater Solar-Geothermal Hybrid Plant, Churchill County, Nevada. Pairing generation technologies has become a trend, but this is the first facility to partner geothermal with solar power. The combination enhances thermal efficiency, stabilizes production, and reduces investment risk.
- Three Gorges Dam, Yangtze River, Hubei Province, China. After nearly two decades of construction, controversy, challenges, and innovations, the world's largest hydroelectric plant has been completed and is providing clean power to a country still struggling to keep up with demand.
- Walney Offshore Windfarms, Irish Sea, UK. Boasting the largest wind turbine foundations ever made and the largest offshore capacity at the time of installation, this pair of wind farms is helping the UK meet its aggressive goals for renewable power.
For more details about these projects, see the December issue of POWER at www.powermag.com.
For 130 years POWER magazine has been considered the definitive information source for the power generation market. Through the print magazine and website (www.powermag.com) as well as the weekly POWERnews enewsletter and segment-specific enewsletters, industry professionals learn about best practices, safety issues, improved productivity, and the latest business, legal, and regulatory news.
SOURCE POWER Magazine
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.