Power Outages Remain High Across the East, Southeast
Flooding and high winds cause further damage
WAUKESHA, Wis., Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Although Hurricane Sandy has passed, millions are still without power across the east coast. Power restoration is progressing slowly; however, subsequent flooding and wind from the storm are causing outages to rise in some areas.
New York, New Jersey and Connecticut are experiencing increased outages due to flooding, and Ohio has had a slight increase due to the remaining windy conditions that resulted from the storm.
Below please find a summary of outages caused by Hurricane Sandy and subsequent weather conditions:
- Current Utility Customer Outages as of 4:00PM CST Wednesday: 5,595,980
- Total Utility Customers Affected so far (Current + Restored): 8,205,855
- The majority of the outages are in New Jersey and New York, where approximately 4 million people remain without power.
The breakdown of outages, both current and restored, is as follows:
- Connecticut: 454,892 (Restored: 197,536)
- Delaware: 5,503 (Restored: 76,529)
- Florida: 0 (10,573 Restored)
- Georgia: 0 (7,000 Restored)
- Indiana: 0 (25,535 Restored)
- Illinois: 0 (2,879 Restored)
- Kentucky: 2,599 (Restored: 8,400)
- Maine: 3,739 (Restored: 77,025)
- Maryland: 83,367 (Restored: 309,242)
- Massachusetts: 69,273 (Restored: 246,084)
- Michigan: 25,000 (Restored: 145,572)
- New Jersey: 1,811,829 (Restored: 222,374)
- New York: 1,897,835 (Restored: 235,462)
- North Carolina: 364 (Restored: 19,708)
- New Hampshire: 46,724 (Restored: 104,927)
- Ohio: 159,387 (Restored: 129,340)
- Pennsylvania: 764,513 (Restored: 309,804)
- Rhode Island: 41,565 (Restored: 67,525 )
- South Carolina: 0 (Restored: 3,411)
- Vermont: 0 (Restored: 43,000)
- Virginia: 19,570 (Restored: 146,793)
- West Virginia: 202,560 (Restored: 67,457)
- Ontario Province, Canada: 7,260 (Restored: 144,740)
Since 1959, Generac has been a leading designer and manufacturer of a wide range of generators and other engine powered products. As a leader in power equipment serving residential, light commercial, industrial and construction markets, Generac's products are available through a broad network of independent dealers, retailers, wholesalers and equipment rental companies. The company markets and distributes its products primarily under its Generac and Magnum brand names. Generac is committed to developing a long-term vision that promotes environmentally responsible products, processes and partnerships and strives to be a positive contributor of sustainable growth in the power equipment industry. For more information on Generac, please visit http://www.Generac.com. Follow Generac on Twitter @generacpowersys. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/generacpowersystems. For more information on Magnum, please visit http://www.m-p-llc.com/
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.