Practice Fusion Continues Rapid Growth With Key Executive Hires
The Electronic Medical Record (EMR) company adds Senior Vice President of Business Development and Vice President of People and Culture to support its expanding platform.
SAN FRANCISCO, June 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion, the fastest growing Electronic Medical Records (EMR) company in the US, announced today the addition of Todd Martin as Senior Vice President of Business Development and Sheila Ryan as Vice President of People and Culture. The hires bring extensive experience from The Associated Press and CBS Interactive to newly created executive positions in the company, which has grown from 133 to 177 employees in the first half of 2012 alone. The company's aggressive hiring has been necessary to meet the rapid adoption of the EMR by small and medium-sized medical practices across the US.
"We're racing towards 200 employees, and by the end of the year we'll have over a quarter of American patients on our platform," said Ryan Howard, CEO and founder of Practice Fusion. "Our nimble and scalable model requires the best talent. With Todd's experience scaling technology business opportunities and Sheila's skills in strengthening company culture, we're going to keep revolutionizing the health sector."
About Todd Martin, Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Todd Martin brings more than 17 years of sales, software development, consulting and product training experience to Practice Fusion.
- Martin will focus on expanding business opportunities for Practice Fusion's API platform among developers, companies and other startups. Prior to joining Practice Fusion, Martin was the Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President at NewsRight, LLC, where he was responsible for all aspects of technology operations. As an early architect and founder of NewsRight, LLC while at the Associated Press, he was essential in the formation of the new company and setting its initial strategic direction and development.
- As Chief Technology Officer and Vice President at the Associated Press, Martin helped define global product strategy, the product roadmap and supported delivery of products and services around the world.
About Sheila Ryan, Vice President of People and Culture
- Sheila Ryan brings more than 20 years of experience in leadership positions with both Fortune 500 and emerging companies.
- Ryan will focus on promoting and expanding the company's unique culture while pursuing aggressive hiring: "This is a team that is truly mission driven. I am thrilled to be responsible for driving our culture forward in support of that mission."
- Prior to joining Practice Fusion, Ryan was the Vice President of Human Resources at CBS Interactive, where she worked with the executive leadership team to align business goals with hiring strategy and led several major human capital initiatives throughout the organization.
- Ryan previously held HR leadership positions at Electronics For Imaging (EFI), EmployeeService.com and Bay Alarm Company.
For information about jobs at Practice Fusion's headquarters in San Francisco, please visit http://www.practicefusion.com/careers
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EMR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing Electronic Medical Record community in the country with more than 150,000 users serving 40 million patients. The company closed a $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund in 2011. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit www.practicefusion.com
Press Contact – Stephanie Schlegel
Location: San Francisco
SOURCE Practice Fusion
More by this Source
Practice Fusion Raises Additional $15M to Close Year of Exponential Platform Growth
Dec 09, 2013, 07:30 ET
Six Predictions for How IT Will Impact Healthcare in 2014
Nov 12, 2013, 13:36 ET
Practice Fusion Guarantees 2014 Meaningful Use
Oct 10, 2013, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.