Practice Fusion Expands Executive Team with Addition of General Counsel and Associate VP of Corporate Development
The Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platform adds new leadership positions to continue building strategic partnerships and growth.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion, the fastest growing Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platform in the US, announced today the addition of Riyad Omar as General Counsel and Patrick Dugan as Associate Vice President of Corporate Development. Following its recent $34 million Series C funding round, the new hires position the company to aggressively focus on developing strategic relationships in and beyond the health sector while reinforcing the company's rapid growth.
"We are in a unique position to think beyond the traditional health IT approach as we grow," said Ryan Howard, CEO and Founder of Practice Fusion. "Our goal is to work with companies and individuals who share our mission for bringing small practice doctors the best EMR technology on the market. Patrick and Riyad are critical additions to the team as we continue to expand the business."
About Riyad Omar
- Riyad guides legal operations at Practice Fusion as General Counsel bringing over a decade's experience managing legal affairs for high profile companies including NewsRight and the Associated Press. Riyad provided legal guidance and strategy to ensure all business objectives were met.
- Prior to Practice Fusion, Riyad was Vice President and Principal Legal Officer for NewsRight, where he oversaw legal operations. As Associate General Counsel of Business Governance for the Associated Press, he counseled on sales, technology, corporate, privacy, IP, strategic transactions and product matters, including the launch and maintenance of large-scale web platforms.
- Riyad holds a JD from Stanford Law School and a BA from the University of Southern California.
About Patrick Dugan
- Patrick pursues strategic partnerships with both startups and established companies in the health tech space as Associate Vice President of Corporate Development.
- Coming from founding his own mobile app startup venture, Patrick is acutely aware of the challenges facing smaller companies and the resources necessary to build great products and businesses from scratch.
- His background draws on years of finance and business development experience including successful Silicon Valley startups such as Palantir Technologies and NetSuite.
For information about jobs at Practice Fusion's headquarters in San Francisco, please visit www.practicefusion.com/dreamjob
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EMR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR Software addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing Electronic Medical Record community in the country with more than 150,000 users serving 45 million patients. The company closed a $34 million Series C financing led by Artis Ventures in June. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit www.practicefusion.com
SOURCE Practice Fusion