Practice Fusion Partners with NJ-HITEC to Help Local Doctors Earn Up To $44K in Government Incentives
New Jersey doctors go digital with the help of New Jersey's Regional Extension Center and the fastest growing EMR community in the country
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion – the nation's largest doctor-patient community – and the New Jersey Health Information Technology Extension Center (NJ-HITEC) are teaming up to help medical professionals across New Jersey quickly and easily start using Practice Fusion's free Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system. The partnership, the first of its kind for Practice Fusion, aims to provide doctors with all the resources they need to qualify for up to $44,000 in Meaningful Use incentives, a federal program designed to promote EMR usage.
As part of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, the incentives are motivating medical professionals across the nation to transition from paper records to EMRs. Regional Extension Centers (REC) like NJ-HITEC were created to ease the transition for practices evaluating a new EMR by providing them with resources and recommendations. RECs also work with the practice to implement the EMR, improve the practice's workflow and ensure patient information remains secure. NJ-HITEC was established as a resource for over 18,000 New Jersey primary care physicians (PCP), many of whom are still looking for the right EMR.
"We currently have over six thousand primary care providers signed up," said William O'Byrne, Executive Director at NJ-HITEC. "It can be a major burden to learn and implement Meaningful Use requirements while trying to run a practice. We're here to make sure practices properly use their EMR and receive their incentive check. Practice Fusion will be extremely helpful to our New Jersey physicians and we look forward to working with them to assist anyone wishing to achieve Meaningful Use."
- New Jersey is one of the top five states that attested for Meaningful Use using Practice Fusion to date
- NJ-HITEC has received more than $23 million in funding from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) which has already been used to provide EMR guidance and resources to 5,935 Primary Care Providers (PCP)
- Of those PCPs, 3,782 have adopted an EMR and 947 have demonstrated Meaningful Use
- NJ-HITEC expects help a total of 5,000 doctors attest to Meaningful Use over the next two years
- Practice Fusion has waived the fee for the NJ-HITEC team to attend Practice Fusion Academy at the San Francisco headquarters, where they will receive expert training in the EMR system
- NJ-HITEC will have special access to specific Meaningful Use resources from Practice Fusion to better assist providers
- Existing Practice Fusion users in New Jersey will have the option to connect with NJ-HITEC for additional resources and training
"NJ-HITEC and Practice Fusion share the same goal—helping physicians improve their practice with technology to save lives," said Todd Martin, Senior Vice President of Business Development at Practice Fusion. "We aim to get as many New Jersey doctors on Electronic Medical Records as possible through our partnership with NJ-HITEC, our first REC partner in our effort to reshape healthcare."
To learn more about Practice Fusion or this partnership, please visit http://www.practicefusion.com/pages/ccn-contact-us.html
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EMR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR Software addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing Electronic Medical Record community in the country with more than 150,000 users serving 50 million patients. The company closed a $34 million Series C financing led by Artis Ventures in June. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit http://www.practicefusion.com/
Location: San Francisco
SOURCE Practice Fusion
More by this Source
For Doctors New to Practice Fusion, Free Hardware to Ease Transition to Paper-Free Office
Jan 28, 2014, 08:00 ET
Practice Fusion Receives ONC-ACB Certification from the Drummond Group
Jan 15, 2014, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.