Practice Fusion Ranked No. 1 for e-Prescribing and Meaningful Use for Second Year Running
Practice Fusion received top marks from over 250,000 surveyed health IT users for its free Electronic Medical Record (EMR) features and support in independent Brown-Wilson report.
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion, the largest doctor-patient community in the nation, has once more been recognized as the No. 1 EMR for e-prescribing and Meaningful Use achievement in the 2013 State of the e-Prescribing Industry report. The report, published today, is based on a survey of more than 250,000 e-Health Technology users conducted by Brown-Wilson's Black Book Rankings. This is the second year in a row that Practice Fusion has received No. 1 honors in this Brown-Wilson report.
"Our users give us top marks time and time again for our easy-to-use features and our dedicated support—and 'free' just makes a great thing even better," said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. "We've created the nation's largest doctor-patient community thanks to the hard work of our amazing team and the engagement of our users, who regularly provide us the insight and feedback we need to bring them the best product possible."
- Practice Fusion's web-based EMR is used by 150,000 medical professionals serving 50 million patients nationwide
- The company's EMR is completely free and can be accessed from any computer or tablet with an internet connection
- 87 EMR systems were included in the 2013 State of the e-Prescribing Industry report
- Practice Fusion was also awarded the No. 1 EMR rank for overall customer satisfaction for the second year in a row earlier this year
- Among the over 250,000 health professionals surveyed, Practice Fusion had 97.1 percent user satisfaction rate for e-prescribing, beating competitors such as ADP AdvancedMD, Quest Medplus Care360 and Vitera
- Practice Fusion also outranked legacy systems athenahealth, Cerner, Epic and Allscripts in user Meaningful Use achievement
- 98.5 percent of Practice Fusion users are on track to achieve Meaningful Use Stage 1 and 96.5 percent for Stage 2, which will begin in 2014
- Eligible medical providers can qualify for up to $39,000 in incentives if they demonstrate Meaningful Use of a certified EMR system in 2013
"We're pleased to once again recognize Practice Fusion's achievement as the top-ranked EMR for e-Prescribing and Meaningful Use achievement in this report," said Doug Brown, senior partner and founder of Brown-Wilson Group. "Practice Fusion continues to be the favorite among the companies included in this survey—which is all the more impressive given the system is free."
Practice Fusion's free EMR system includes charting, scheduling, e-prescribing and lab integrations and requires no installation or downtime. Last month, Practice Fusion launched Practice Fusion for the iPad, a touchscreen-optimized EMR companion that allows doctors to see their upcoming appointments and chart patient visits on the move. Medical providers can sign up for Practice Fusion online at www.practicefusion.com in less than five minutes.
Reporters interested in more information on Practice Fusion and the Brown-Wilson 2013 State of the e-Prescribing Industry report are invited to contact email@example.com.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EMR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR software addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing electronic medical record community in the country with more than 150,000 users serving 50 million patients. The company announced a $34 million Series C financing led by Artis Ventures in June. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit www.practicefusion.com
Name: Margaret Farrell
Phone: (415) 992-7534
SOURCE Practice Fusion