Precyse University Announces New Version of ICD-10 Virtual Code Book Mobile Application Technological enhancements make medical coding faster and easier than ever
WAYNE, Pa., and ALPHARETTA, Ga., May 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Precyse University, the most innovative, complete and widely adopted on-site, online and mobile ICD-10 education solution, announces the availability of a new version of its ICD-10 Virtual Code Book mobile education application. ICD-10 Virtual Code Book allows users to enter clinical terms and/or disease/condition names to search for correct and specific ICD-10-CM codes without the use of a code book or encoder. Users can enter additional clinical words and modifiers to refine searches and drive to a more specific code, especially for conditions offering hundreds of code choices. The app also offers specific ICD-10 documentation tips for many of the conditions listed, allowing users to ensure the required documentation is included with the code choice.
Enhancements included in the new Version 3 of ICD-10 Virtual Code Book are:
- Enhanced voice recognition
- Recognition of nearly 700 abbreviations in medical shorthand
- Optimization for the latest versions of mobile operating systems that make the app faster, more responsive and even easier to use
"Precyse is constantly searching for ways to better serve our clients as they prepare for ICD-10, and regular enhancements to our educational mobile applications is one of the ways that we do that," said Thomas Ormondroyd, Vice President and General Manager of Precyse Learning Solutions. "Our mobile apps make learning available wherever and whenever our clients and their employees need it, and the enhancements we've made to our ICD-10 Virtual Code Book are just another example of this effort."
The new ICD-10 Virtual Code Book is getting rave reviews from users on the app store. "This app is priceless," stated one user. "It's the best investment I have ever made – a must if you are a coder in a doctor's office. I will get so much use out of this app. I work in a doctor's office doing the coding and front-end billing. One of our doctors is using it already … I absolutely love this app."
Other popular mobile learning apps offered by Precyse University include:
- ICD-10 Doc Guide - Provides documentation tips and strategies to document the medical record with the specificity required for ICD-10.
- ICD-10 Doc Talk - Allows users to listen to specialty-specific audio webinars that provide an overview of the impact ICD-10 will have on each specialty.
- ICD-10 Flash Cards - Offers more than 25 decks and more than 1,000 individual flash cards that allow users to practice and test their knowledge and memory of ICD-10 concepts, terms, definitions and guidelines that will be required for ICD-10 mastery.
- Precyse University Pharma Flash Cards - Allows users to test their knowledge of pharmacological terms, drugs and medications by brand name, generic name and body system.
Precyse University is the most innovative and widely adopted on-site, online and mobile healthcare ICD-10 education solution used by approximately 1.6 million learners in healthcare organizations
Precyse provides industry-leading expert services and comprehensive technologies that empower healthcare organizations to most effectively and efficiently capture, organize, secure and analyze clinical data and transform it into actionable information, supporting the delivery of quality patient care and optimizing operating performance. Precyse has enabled nearly 5,000 healthcare facilities and health systems nationwide to improve efficiency and deliver tangible outcomes for more than a decade. With products ranging from an integrated transcription and coding platform with advanced speech recognition, expert workflow technologies and Natural Language Processing to HIM consulting and services, Precyse's flexible software can be delivered stand-alone or complemented by a professional staff of more than 1,300 experts. Now more than ever, hospitals and health systems are challenged to achieve meaningful use of the legal health record. Precyse is the partner hospitals across the country choose to achieve this goal. To learn more, visit www.precyse.com.
Sparking innovation in healthcare information™