Preppers Checklist: Finding the Perfect Survival Retreat in 7 Easy Steps
Survivalist Blogger Marjory Wildcraft Shows How to Be Safe When Doomsday Hits
AUSTIN, Texas, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- What could be worse than having the economy collapse?
Answer: Being in location that you thought was safe and sustainable, but wasn't really either.
"I've seen estimates that more than 4 million American families are now beginning to prepare for a major disaster," said Marjory Wildcraft, a survivalist expert and author of the new book, "7 Shortcuts to Finding the Perfect Survival Retreat" (http://relocationshortcuts.com/).
"Finding that perfect survival retreat, farm, or homestead can be a very challenging adventure. You are trying to find a place that is safe. One that has good soil, water, and the natural resources that will provide you with the things you need once your supplies run out. You want an area with like-minded people. And you want a place that is enjoyable to live, where your family will want to be, even if hard times weren't coming," said Wildcraft who writes a survivalist blog at: www.GrowYourOwnGroceries.com
"Let's face it, most of us have reluctant spouses or children that just don't get it. You want to accommodate their needs and yet prepare for the journey ahead," said Wildcraft who has been interviewed numerous times on national television shows about the prepper movement.
"What also complicates this decision is you probably don't know that much about gardening, hunting, or home defense. What trees make the best firewood? What plants are a natural alternative to antibiotics? What predators will be trying to eat your chickens and how do you protect them?" said Wildcraft, a former money manager who accurately predicted the collapse of the real estate market.
"To top it all off, you are under the pressure of the ticking time-bomb clock. We just don't know how long this house of cards will stay up. It has defied gravity for many years now, but we all know the merry go round is going to stop someday – and probably soon. When it goes down, it will crash hard. There will be a lot of misery among the unprepared. You probably won't get a second chance to relocate again. So you have to get this decision right," she said.
This report is full of tips, tricks and tactics that she's learned from her own journey and from helping many people as a professional relocation consultant.
To get the full report go to http://relocationshortcuts.com/
The report includes:
- The top 9 regions known for self-reliance, and why they are chosen by most preppers
- How something as trivial as a wiener dog race can help you find the perfect town for your family and why
- The big compromise: how you and your spouse can have it all and sacrifice nothing no matter how different your views for your preparations are
- Three simple steps to finding your perfect retreat
- The four biggest threats that must influence your decision on where to relocate
- The best to resources for finding the best region for your family
- How to teach your children about your survival safe haven without scaring them
- How to identify major threats in any area, and factor that into your plan
- How close is too close, and what direction should you locate when a nuclear plant is present
- The best climate to relocate to
- The biggest mistake you can make when first thinking about your retreat
- How far from town should you relocate to
- How to plan for living beyond your stockpile
The report comes with a bonus report called, "How Much Land Do You Need To Be Food Self-Reliant?"
"Of course whenever you go out to buy land, everybody always wants more. That's natural. This report will give you a realistic idea of how much you really need," she said. "If you are serious about getting your family to a safe place, and starting this amazing adventure, then you need to read these reports."
Wildcraft has been a leader in the preparedness industry for the last decade.
"My primary expertise is in survival food and determining the viability of an area for providing food, shelter, water, medicine, defense, and other needs for a sustainable life," said Wildcraft who produced a video called "Grow Your Own Groceries" that has almost a quarter million copies being used all over the world by homesteaders, permaculturists, universities, and missionary organizations.
SOURCE Marjory Wildcraft
More by this Source
5 Red Flags of Imminent Collapse: Be Aware of the Warning Signs
Aug 13, 2013, 08:35 ET
How Far Out of Town Should Your Survival Retreat Be Located?
Jun 25, 2013, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.