Prepping for CompTIA Mobility+ Certification
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- CompTIA, the leading provider of vendor-neutral skills certifications for the world's information technology (IT) workforce, today introduced CompTIA Mobility+ for IT professionals working with mobile technologies.
Individuals who earn the CompTIA Mobility+ certification have demonstrated their ability to deploy, integrate, manage and support a mobile environment, including mobile device management, troubleshooting, security and network infrastructure.
Are you ready for the CompTIA Mobility+ exam? Try this mini-quiz. (Correct answers below.)
1. Which of the following frequencies is assigned to Wi-Fi?
A. 850 MHz
B. 900 MHz
C. 1.2 GHz
D. 2.4 GHz
2. A mobile engineer is conducting site surveys to determine which frequencies are available. Which of the following should she use?
A. Bluetooth device
B. GPS navigator
C. Spectrum analyzer
3. Which of the following is the BEST option to disable application inventory and location information from executive mobile devices while obtaining the same information from the rest of the employee mobile devices?
A. Deploy different mobile operating systems to executives and employees.
B. Apply group-based policies on MDM server.
C. Use access control list on MDM server.
D. Deploy different MDM server for executives and employees.
4. Which of the following is the BEST configuration to improve the security of data on a mobile device?
A. Configure the remote lock feature so if the mobile device is stolen it can be unlocked after recovery.
B. Configure remote wipe so if the mobile device is stolen its content can be erased.
C. Configure remote reporting so that the mobile device can report when it is stolen.
D. Configure remote control on the mobile device so it can be remotely administered.
5. A network administrator notices an unusual volume of mobile device traffic going out over FTP to one particular unknown location. Which of the following ports should be blocked?
Complete exam objectives for CompTIA Mobility+ are available on the CompTIA Certification website.
With more than 1.8 million certifications awarded, CompTIA is the leading provider of vendor-neutral skills certifications for the world's IT workforce. Visit CompTIA Certifications to learn more.
1. 2.4 GHz
2. Spectrum analyzer
3. Apply group-based policies on MDM server
4. Configure remote wipe so if the mobile device is stolen its content can be erased.
CompTIA is the voice of the world's information technology (IT) industry. Its members are the companies at the forefront of innovation; and the professionals responsible for maximizing the benefits organizations receive from their investments in technology. CompTIA is dedicated to advancing industry growth through its educational programs, market research, networking events, professional certifications, and public policy advocacy. To learn more, visit www.comptia.org, http://www.facebook.com/CompTIA and http://twitter.com/comptia.