President-Elect and Directors Selected for National Association of State Boards of Education
ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Mary Lord, a member of the District of Columbia State Board of Education, was voted president-elect of the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE). Lord will begin her term of office as president-elect in January 2014 and then serve as president of the association in 2015. The membership also elected six other state board of education members to the organization's board of directors. Their two-year terms will also commence in January.
Newly elected to the board for two-year terms were:
- Kenneth Willard, Kansas (Secretary-Treasurer);
- Jay Barth, Arkansas (Southern Region);
- Katie Cornetto, North Carolina – Staff Attorney (President of the National Council of State Education Attorneys – 1-year, starts immediately).
- Barbara Corry, Utah (Western Region);
- Randall R.L. Hughes, Delaware, (Northeast Region);
- Donna Johnson, Delaware – Executive Director (President of the National Council of State Board of Education Executives – 1-year, starts immediately);
- Jim McNiece, Kansas (New State Board Member Representative); and
- Rachel Wise, Nebraska (Central Region).
This group will join the following members who are returning for another year on the board of directors:
- Jane Goff, Colorado (President);
- Patrick Guida, Rhode Island (Past-President);
- Brenda Gullett, Arkansas (Southern Region);
- Barry Mead, Guam (Western Region);
- Steven Pound, Maine (Northeast Region); and
- Serilda Summers-McGee, Oregon (New State Board Member Representative).
The National Association of State Boards of Education represents America's state and territorial boards of education. NASBE exists to strengthen State Boards as the preeminent educational policymaking bodies for citizens and students. For more, visit www.nasbe.org.
SOURCE National Association of State Boards of Education
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.