DENTON, Texas, Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The upcoming Presidential election will play a major role in at least one of the topics planned during the Accounting and Financial Reporting Update, scheduled for November 7, 2012, at the Irving Convention Center.
Jim Berend, a partner in the Dallas office of Grant Thornton, who leads that organization's Central Region Health Care Practice, is planning a presentation titled "Healthcare Issues."
"Since the presentation is the morning after the election, will it be President-Elect Romney's Approach to Dismantling the Affordable Care Act or President Obama Gets Mandate to Accelerate Implementation of His Health Care Plan?" asks Berend.
"I can't wait to find out," he adds.
Mr. Berend has more than three decades of experience in the healthcare field in virtually all aspects, including academic medical centers, multi-hospital systems, physician groups, health maintenance organizations and much more.
The conference is sponsored by the Professional Development Institute (PDI), the University of North Texas College of Business, and the Dallas CPA Society. Enrollees pay only $295 if paid by October 17. (Those enrolling after October 17 will pay $350.) Up to 8 CPE hours are available for attendees.
For more information or to register, visit the conference website at conferences.pdi.org, or call PDI at 800.433.5676.
Other speakers and topics for the event include:
- FASB/IASB Update featuring James J. Leisenring- Senior Adviser, FASB
- SEC Update featuring Katrina Kimpel- Partner, Ernst & Young
- COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework Update Project featuring Bill Schneider, Sr- Director Accounting, AT&T
- The Early Warning Signs of IT Project Failure: The Deadly Dozen and the Four Horsemen of Doom featuring Leon Kappelman- Professor, College of Business, University of North Texas
- Tax Developments featuring Linda Stiff- Managing Director, PwC and former Acting Commissioner, IRS
- Audit Committee Panel – What Keeps Them Up At Night? featuring Terry Strange, Renee Hornbaker, Jerry Pinkerton, Audit Committee members, with moderator Steve Estes- Partner, KPMG
About The Professional Development Institute
The Professional Development Institute (PDI), located at the University of North Texas, is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit education corporation that provides versatile, innovative, cost-effective training programs to professionals worldwide. PDI is recognized as a leading provider of oil and gas accounting education as well as training programs for virtually all professional services areas. More than a half-million people have teamed up with PDI for training solutions over the past 35 years.
SOURCE Professional Development Institute