Preventice Appoints Board of Directors
Mobile health technology start up appoints global leaders in life sciences, venture capital, and technology to board of directors
MINNEAPOLIS, April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile health technology start up, Preventice, Inc., announced today that it has tapped a team of global leaders in life sciences, venture capital, and technology for its board of directors.
Preventice aims to create an environment of continuous patient care by developing mobile health applications and wireless patient monitoring systems that bridge the gaps between clinical care delivery and the way patients live and work.
The new Preventice board of directors includes:
- Merv Turner, Ph.D., former chief strategy officer, Merck. Turner has more than 25 years leadership experience in pharmaceuticals, drug discovery, research and development, licensing and business development, emerging markets analysis and strategy development. In addition to his board duties, Turner will chair the advisory committee for Preventice, working with physicians from leading health care organizations like Mayo Clinic, which currently collaborates with Preventice.
- Jodi Uecker-Rust, former president of Sage Business Solutions. Uecker-Rust, a dynamic leader in the technology industry, served as corporate vice president of business solutions at Microsoft and chief operating officer at Great Plains Software prior to her position at Sage. Uecker-Rust will chair the compensation committee for Preventice in addition to her board duties.
- Joe Volpe, investment principal, Merck Global Health Innovation Fund. As a Preventice board member, Volpe brings expertise in the life sciences industry augmented by his vision and ability to identify companies that are connected in nature and to weave those entities together. Volpe's 26-year career has been largely focused on product and market innovation, with leadership roles at Johnson & Johnson and Electronic Data Systems.
- Tadd Tobkin, director, Arthur Ventures. As a partner at Arthur Ventures, a North Dakota-based venture capital fund, Tobkin spearheaded the firm's initial investment in Preventice in 2010. In addition to his investment expertise, Tobkin has experience in management consulting, international business development, technology, and health care.
- Jon Otterstatter, co-founder, president and CEO, Preventice. Otterstatter had amassed a wealth of technology and leadership expertise prior to establishing Preventice. While holding various executive-level positions at SPSS, Inc., Showcase Corporation and IBM, Otterstatter earned a reputation as a creative, results-oriented leader and technology expert.
Founded in 2007 in Rochester, Minn., Preventice also has offices in Fargo, N.D., and Minneapolis, while employing a sales staff on both coasts. According to Otterstatter, the company has realized year-over-year revenue growth fueled by its unique business model, which emphasizes strategic relationships with global innovation partners, not to mention its ability to develop applications that target real-life clinical needs.
Preventice is a privately owned company and leading developer of mobile health applications and remote monitoring systems that connect mobile devices, home‐based, and on‐premise technologies to deliver continuous patient care across the health continuum.
For more information:
Barbara Tabor, APR
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.