Priceline.com's Hotel Negotiator® Wins Award For Best Mobile App
NORWALK, Conn., May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Priceline.com's (Nasdaq: PCLN) Hotel Negotiator® was recently recognized as the Best Mobile App at the Asia Pacific Travel Innovation Awards, sponsored by TravelMole and EyeforTravel. The awards competition was open to companies that promote tourism in the Asia Pacific region.
Priceline.com's popular app comes in two versions. The Android version supports last-minute hotel room bookings up until 11:00 p.m. local time on the night a room is needed. The version for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch supports hotel bookings, and it includes a last-minute rental car booking service. The app offers over 165,000 hotels throughout Asia, North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Priceline's Hotel Negotiator® app offers many ways to find and book a great last-minute hotel deal. Key features include:
- Tonight-Only Deals®. When users choose a city, they'll see an exclusive inventory of 3- and 4-star hotels that can be booked for check-in that same night at discounts of up to 35% off published prices.
- Over 165,000 published-price hotels to choose from. The Hotel Negotiator app spans the globe with a broad spectrum of hotels in all star categories, complete with photos, maps, reviews and customer satisfaction scores.
- Winning Bids recommendations. Choose a city and the Hotel Negotiator app displays multiple recent winning Name Your Own Price® bids made by other priceline.com customers for hotels in different parts of the city at different star levels. Travelers using Name Your Own Price® choose their city, neighborhood, star level, dates and price, then receive their specific hotel itinerary once their bid is accepted.
- Shake-Down geo-locator-triggered hotel search. Shaking the device establishes the traveler's location using location-based features and then performs a Winning Bids search for hotels in the surrounding areas.
- Native navigation. Users of Apple and Android devices will instantly recognize the device-specific native navigational tools (like slides, cards and wheels) that guide them through their Hotel Negotiator shopping and booking experience.
The Priceline Hotel & Rental Car Negotiator app can be downloaded for free from the iTunes store http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/priceline-hotel-car-negotiator/id336381998?mt=8&uo=4.
The Hotel Negotiator app for Android can be downloaded for free from the Android market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.priceline.android.negotiator.
About The Priceline Group
The Priceline Group (Nasdaq: PCLN) is a leader in global online hotel reservations, with over 235,000 participating hotels worldwide. The Group is composed of four primary brands – Booking.com, priceline.com, Agoda.com and Rentalcars.com – and several ancillary brands. The Priceline Group provides online travel services in over 175 countries in Europe, North America, South America, the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa.
Booking.com is the number one online hotel reservation service in the world, offering over 205,000 hotels (as of May 9, 2012), and is available in 41 languages. More recent hotel counts are available on the Booking.com website. Priceline.com gives leisure travelers multiple ways to save on their airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, vacation packages and cruises. In addition to getting compelling published prices, travelers can take advantage of priceline.com's famous Name Your Own Price® service, which can deliver the lowest prices available. Agoda.com is an Asia-based online hotel reservation service that is available in 37 languages. Rentalcars.com is a multinational car hire service, offering its reservation services in over 4,000 locations. Customer support is provided in 38 languages.
iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
More by this Source
Priceline.com Incorporated Announces Corporate Name Change
Apr 01, 2014, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.