Prime Minister of Curaçao to Address Caribbean Basin Coastal Surveillance and Maritime Security Summit
LONDON, February 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Daniel Hodge , the Prime Minister of Curaçao is set to address Defence IQ's Caribbean Basin Coastal Surveillance and Maritime Security Summit (CABSEC) on the 12 - 14 March 2013 in Curaçao: http://www.cabsecevent.com
The participants including ambassadors, defence ministers, senior government officials, chiefs of navies, defence staff and coast guards involved in regional and hemispheric security will discuss maritime security priorities and enforcement requirements for the region: http://www.cabsecevent.com
With the European Union drawing up its Joint EU-Caribbean strategy, the USA strengthening security along this major drug route and Brazil and other Latin American nations increasing efforts to secure this crucial export route, CABSEC comes at an important time for maritime security in the region. Solutions to the regions' maritime security challenges and funding streams will also be under discussion.
Senior officials will attend the CABSEC Summit including:
- H.E. Mario Zamora Cordero , the Minister for Public Security of Costa Rica
- H.E. Ambassador Larry Palmer , the U.S. Ambassador to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean
- H.E. Ambassador Robert Kopeck ý, the Head of Delegation of the EU to Guyana, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and the Dutch Overseas Countries and Territories
- H.E. Ambassador Adam Blackwell , Secretary of Multidimensional Security, Organization of American States
- H.E. Lucita Moeniralam, the Netherlands Ambassador to Trinidad and Tobago
- Vice Admiral Edwin Dominici , Chief of Staff, The Navy of the Dominican Republic
- Lieutenant General Guy Thibault , Chair of Inter-American Defence Board (IADB), Organization of American States
- Major General Kenrick Maharaj , Chief of Defence Staff, Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force
- Major General Richard Foster , Deputy Commander (Continental), Canadian Joint Operations Command
- Major General Rene Osorio , Chief of Joint Staff, Armed Forces of Honduras
The CABSEC Summit includes a dedicated focus day on Counter-Narcotics, providing international perspectives on tackling the illicit traffic in narcotics and its global implications.
CABSEC will be attended by industry leaders and businesses with solutions to enhance coastal surveillance and maritime security. Sponsors include Damen Shipyards, Aerodata AG, Beechcraft Corporation, Venezuelan firm Aviaservice; Spanish defence giant Indra Sistemas, Swedish defence and security company Saab and Swedish Space Corporation, fastest-growing Canadian defence contractor Provincial Aerospace, along with Alphatron, Esri, OCEA and Pon Power and Caterpillar.
CABSEC: 12 - 14 March, Curaçao.
SOURCE Defence IQ
More by this Source
NORAD and USNORTHCOM to Meet Global Arctic Partners
May 02, 2013, 08:50 ET
Such- und Rettungstruppen bemühen sich um gemeinschaftliche Lösungen für gemeinsame Probleme
Apr 11, 2013, 13:24 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.